1. THE TEACHER IN THE COMMUNITY
Name of FS Student _Deliman, Jundel L._________________________________________
Course _Bachelor of Secondary Education_______________________ Year & Section _III_
Resource Teacher _Mary Juliet A. Doño________ Signature ___________ Date _03-06-17_
Cooperating School _JH Cerilles State College Dumingag Campus H.S. Dep’t. ___________
Performance (How I Will Be Rated)
Field Study 6, Episode 4 - The Teacher in the Community
Focused on: Community Data and Community Resources
Observation/Documentation 4 3 2 1
My Analysis 4 3 2 1
My Reflection 4 3 2 1
My Portfolio 4 3 2 1
Submission 4 3 2 1
Rating: (Based on
MARJOREY C. CABIGAS
Signature of FS Teacher
above Printed Name
Transmutation of score to grade/rating
Score Grade Score Grade
20 - 1.0 - 99 12-13 - 2.50 - 81
18-19 - 1.25 - 96 11 - 2.75 - 78
17 - 1.5 - 93 10 - 3.00 - 75
16 - 1.75 - 90 8-9 - 3.5 - 72 and
15 - 2.00 - 87 7-below - 5.00 - below
14 - 2.25 - 84
2. My Concrete Experience
Activity -1 Rapid Community Survey
Name of the School in the Barangay : JH CERILLES STATE COLLEGE
Name of the Barangay : Caridad
Name of the municipality : Dumingag
Name of the province : Zamboanga del Sur
Type : Rural
I. Barangay Location
1. Distance from the city (in km): 54 km (Pagadian City)
2. Distance from the college where enrolled: 1 km (more or less)
1. Population : 1531
2. Number of Households : 314
3. Number of School going children : 600
III. Physical Features (Please check)
1. Lowland __
2. Upland ____
3. Mountainous ____
4. Coastal _____
1. School __
2. Community Center ____
3. Plaza ____
4. Health Center ____
5. Market ____
6. Road network __
7. Cooperative store ____
8. Church Chapel __
9. Electricity __
10. Drinking Water Supply __
11. Reading Center ____
12. Others (Specify) ___
V. Agricultural resources (Please check)
1. Rice fields __ 2. Cornfields __
3. 3. Sugarcane fields ____
4. Coconut palms __
5. Fruit tress (mango,
jackfruit, etc.) __
6. Forest trees (Mahogany, narra,
7. Bananas __
8. Root crops __
9. Livestock’s (carabao, cattle) __
10. Fisheries (Ponds, Deep sea) ____
VI. Commercial Resource (Please check)
1. Sari-sari stores __
2. Trading center ____
3. Rural banks ____
4. Cooperative stores ____
5. Carinderia/restaurants __
6. Factory ____
7. Machine shops ____
8. Beauty parlor ____
9. Bookstore ____
10. Others (specify) ____
VII. Common Means of Trasportation
1. Jeepney ____
2. Bus ____
3. Tricycle __
4. Trisikad __
5. Bicycle __
6. Horseback ____
7. Animal driven transportation
8. Others (Specify) ____
VIII. Development Programs in the Barangay
1. Brigada Eskwela __
2. Clean and Green __
3. Gulayan ng Bayan __
4. Peace and order __
5. Others (Please specify) ____
IX. Annual Community Activities
1. Barangay fiesta __
2. Sports festival ____
3. Sports Festival __
4. Search for Miss Barangay__
5. Christmas Celebration __
6. Others (please Specify) ____
X. Other Significant Information about the community
Health and Care Drive for Schistosomiasis and Deworming
4. My Observations
Barangay Caridad is a rich barangay. It has wide fields for planting rice. It has lands
for cattles. It has a good source of water for the crops and the residents. I also observed that
most of the residents have high economic status. It is notable that the college institution of
Dumingag lies in this barangay.
Activity 2- Interview of the School Teacher
1. What school activities do you conduct that allow the participants of the people in the
During the general cleaning of the school, not only the parents help in
cleaning the school but also the barangay officials. They join hand in hand in
cleaning the school.
2. Are the community activities that you, as a teacher join? Please name. Do your
students/pupils also join the activities?
Yes, there is. One of these activities is the recent town fiesta in which we
sponsored one night of variety show together with the students of the school.
3. What learning do your pupils/students gain from the participation?
Due to our participation, the students learned on how to socialize people and
they were able to overcome anxiety through the participation of the school in this
4. What does the community benefit from joining in the school activities?
5. The harmonious relationships between the school and community is the
benefit that both parties earned from the activities conducted by the school.
5. As per observation, are the lessons that you taught in the school transferred to the
homes or community?
Value formation and moral values are concrete evidences that students apply
these lessons from school to their home and even in the community. These could be
the best learnings that students were able to apply good moral values.
6. What community resources have you used in your teaching?
One of the most readily available material is the vehicle from the municipality
which is very useful during trips.
6. My Reflections
1. Describe the data that you have gathered from your community survey.
Make a short narrative below describing the data which you gathered. Present 1-2
pictures of the community or barangay in your photo essay.
The School’s Community
Barangay Caridad is rich in agricultural land. It has wide fields for rice, coconuts,
bananas, corn and other crops.
In general, barangay Caridad has a high economic status.
7. 2. Make a narrative report on the interview that you have done with the teacher.
View of a Teacher
School-Community collaboration us very helpful to both the school and the
community. Since the school is part of the community, so it is the role of the community to
help the school. On the other hand, the community also benefit from the school. It is the
school that educates learners which will become successful later in life. So, the process has a
give and take relationship.
After making a survey of the barangay and interviewing the teacher, answer the
following questions and reflect on each.
1. Which resources that you have identified are present in the community? Can these be
utilized in your teaching? How?
As per observation and interview, there are many resources present in the
community that can also be utilized in the teaching career. In this case, teachers are
highly encourage to become creative and resourceful to enhance the materials that is
used to aid students’ learning.
8. My Affirmed Concepts
Place a mark on the concepts which are confirmed and place a mark on those
which are not confirmed.
Concept Remarks ( )
1. A teacher can utilize resources available in the community.
2. A teacher should teach with a view in mind that the learners transfer
their learning in home and community.
3. Teachers are agents of change of the community.
4. Barangay officials, health workers and other human resources can be
invented as resource speakers in school.
5. The teacher should always be willing to support the community in
6. Teachers and schools should be unmindful of the community
7. Communities should provide support for the learning of their children
8. The sole responsibility of the teachers is to teach in the school.
9. All schools are part and parcel of the community where they are
10. Community officials should take over the responsibilities of the
9. My Future Application
Based on Experiential Learning Episode 4, I should do the following when I become
a teacher. (Please list at least 3 things).
I will bear in mind that:
parents are the investors in school and their children are their assets so I much
teach students appropriately
community has a great role to the improvement of the school so there’s a need
for a good school-community relationship
the school is a part of the community, so I being a part of the school, must
adhere to the rules in the community
the school can use resources from the community so I must use them to
I must allow students to engage in the community.