2. Session Objectives
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
Understand what Communication is
and how it works
Describe reasons that communication
List and discuss strategies to enhance
Watch your thoughts; they become
words. Watch your words; they become
actions. Watch your actions; they
become habits. Watch your habits; they
become character. Watch your
character; it becomes your DESTINY.
9. What causes distortion or the
barriers to Communications?
Environment – noise
Speed of thought
10. Miscommunication is probably the biggest single cause of
business foul-ups. You think you were clear; you think you
provided the complete picture; you think the other person
understood. And yet the work product does not meet your
expectations. What went wrong and how can you prevent it from
11. The Goals of Communications:
To get action
To get and
12. DANGERS OF
- An important cause of business foul-ups
- The other person/client did not understand what
you thought was clear and accurate
- The work product does not meet your expectations
- Where did it go wrong?
- How can you prevent it from happening again?
13. BODY LANGUAGE
Artifacts-Dress & Attire