4. Upload Photos Photos are the most engaging piece of content on Facebook. Before you get started building your page, make sure there are photos there for people to view. Then, going forward, the more photos you can pair with your status updates, the better.
5. Video Video can be equally as engaging as photos. Post a link to your Youtube video, or upload directly to Facebook. Either way, a user will be able to watch the video within Facebook.
6. Announce News! Feel free to toot your own horn for the positive things happening at your organization.
8. Recognize Your Stakeholders Especially at the outset of building your page, recognizing your stakeholders on Facebook is a good way to build rapport while letting people know about your page. Be sure to tag your stakeholders by using Facebook’s @dropdown feature.
9. Invite Feedback Collectively, your users are intelligent. Tap into that intelligence, and you could receive suggestions that allow you to improve your processes.
10. Promote Events You can promote an event in a status update, or by creating an event under the “Events” tab.
11. Share News Articles Sharing news that is relevant to your industry provides value for those following your updates. These updates also brand your company with the chosen topic, whether that’s health or sports.
12. What’s happening on “the inside?” People are curious to know what’s happening inside your company. Sharing this insight and tying it back to make it relevant to people can produce a connection to your organization.
13. Celebrate Accomplishments Using the Facebook page to celebrate the accomplishments of employees is a great way to recognize workers and unite the company around a positive event.
14. What’s cool about your company? Every company has its perks and benefits. Facebook is the perfect place to brag about and highlight these attributes that make your company special.
15. Share Job Openings You can manually post job opportunities as status updates, or you can use a third party application like Jobing.com’s “Current Jobs” to automatically post jobs to your wall.
16. Share News Coverage Sharing news from an outside source builds your company’s credibility with a Facebook user.
17. Promote Products Feel free to promote items you’re selling, just watch how often you are using your page to “sell.”
18. Offer Facebook Exclusive Discounts & Giveaways Exclusivity gives people a reason why they should ‘like’ your Facebook page.
22. Respond & Answer Questions… Remember that this is “ social ” media, meaning that if someone asks you a question, you should answer it. If you’re a large company, strategically answer questions many may have.
23. Draw Attention to Positive Comments When someone says something positive about your company in social media, that is the ultimate advertisement. Prolong the life of that comment by thanking them for their words.
24. Ultimately, give users control of the content for your page. You are one person, or one company producing content and managing a page. It is much more interesting to give that control of content over to thousands of people who “like” you. The more you can catalyze your fans to produce content for your company, the more your brand spreads across social networks. It’s a riskier road, but with risk comes rewards.
25. Facebook Takeaways… The real content producers are your fans. Build relationships with them, get them involved, and be social. The more activity you have on your page, the more likely others will interact with your brand. Measure your results by viewing the trends in three areas: fans, interactions, and traffic. You can view all three of these trends in a weekly email Facebook sends page admins, or by going to facebook.com/insights/ Create a content schedule of 10 things you will share on your Facebook page. That’s your homework assignment. There are thousands of Facebook “graveyard” pages who haven’t had and update in six months. You can avoid that pitfall by looking at this presentation and coming up with content you’ll share on a continual basis. One to two Facebook status updates a day keep the doctor away.