These are the slides for a presentation we gave at Device Developer Conference 2014 in the UK. The presentation discusses the work done, experiences, and lessons learnt from adding an open source TCP/IP network stack and web server to an existing industrial control system running on an ARM Cortex M3-based processor from TI.
The presentation covers the following:
· Integrating the network stack into the existing software base
· Configuring and using the network stack and web server
· Adding support for HTTP basic authentication to restrict user access
· Using HTTP to remotely access the target system and retrieve operational data
· Debugging hints and tips
· Pitfalls to avoid and other lessons learnt