1. From my previous research on indie rock bands I saw a highter
percentage of males who like alternative rock this is why I have
interviewed more males than females. But as there are still females who
like indie rock so I also interviewed them. This would give me the views
on what both genders think about the genre of music.
2. The majority of my target audience for indie rock is aged 13-19 this is why I
have interviewed them the most. But I also have interviewed a 30-39 this is
to get a slightly different view on their music preferences and also compare
their answers. This will also be the age of the people in my music video.
3. This showed me that the two top platforms was Youtube, this would
indicate that people that watch on Youtube could also be watching the
music video. Spotify also being the highest platform would show again
the demographic of people that would watch my music video as
spotifys age range is 18-24.
4. The top genre of music I found was indie rock this relates to the genre
of music I will be using in my music video, this is useful is I can see that
I have chosen the right demographic for the music video. This is
followed by pop punk and pop which is quite close to the subgenre to
5. The top band that came from this research was The 1975, who is an
alternative rock band, this shows me that I have asked the right demographic
of people. Catfish and the bottlemen and two door cinema club were
second, who are also both indie rock bands with a similar target audience.
6. This shows me that the majority of my target audience would watch
about 1-2 hours of music videos a week, which could mean that after
watching a music video a few times they then just use it for the song
and not actually watch it.
7. This tells me that the people I interviewed don’t care as much about
the storyline, they want to watch the band and listen to the song. This
would indicate that when I film my music video a strong storyline does
not have to be there for my target audience to enjoy it.
8. From this question I found that when advertising my music video is should
be online and most likely through social media, this would mean that my
target audience are likely to see it whereas if it was on tv there would be a
smaller chance. From the previous question I also found that they find out
about new music from social media and Spotify this is useful information as I
now know how to inform my audience of my music video.