1. Page 1 Javier A. Morales Irigoyen
JAVIER A. MORALES IRIGOYEN (786) 447 7148
Ability to develop plans cost effective and operationally efficient, meeing business requirements (analytically strong). Over eight years
in experience Logistic Management, 3PL, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Planning, Warehouse Management, Freight
Forwarding and Transportation.
Inventory Management Layouts (Auto Cad) Envirotainer Technical
Experience in Manpower Planning Knowledge of Quality Improvement Techniques LSCC-Life Science Competency
Planning and Forecasting Analytical and Problem Solving Skills Just –in-Time (Philosophy 5’s)
Leadership and Management Skills Results and Quality Oriented Teamwork Player
2010 to Present WAREHOUSE MANAGER / LOGISTIC ANALYST PLANNER
DHL Global Forwarding, Miami FL
Responsibilities of 160,410.12 SQF square feet of warehouse operation with 62 Dock Doors, Supervise 72 warehouse agents in
different departments; Air Import/Export Gateway, Ocean,and Domestic Freight. Working with all agents to ensure that customer
needs are met in a timely manner.
Plan daily and weekly workload, ensuring volume forecasting routines are accomplished (i.e. staffing, equipment, space).
Accountable for the planning of all manpower requirements, warehouse layouts, all internal logistics processes and procedures,
quotes for future business and changes in current business, systems setup and maintenance, strategy and implementation
planning for future model changes/introductions, achieving customer set objectives and planning for all changes in opereation.
Provide customized logistics in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution value added services and lead
logistics. Maximize the performance of the Operation by directing daily, weekly and monthly activities in the operation with
customer expectations and forecasts, maintaining budgetary control; providing leadership, motivation, training and development of
the workforce "making DHL a great place to work".
Other accountabilities are:
• Team training and development / succession planning.
• Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• Supports the planning of the internal Warehouse and Dispatch Operation-Air Import/Export Gateway, Ocean, and
• Ensure a safe, clean and fair work environment for team members.
• Identify operational and functional productivity, and process improvements.
• Maximize accuracy, productivity and space utilization.
• Identify cost savings and business opportunities.
• Facilitate and support change programs.
• Planning and maintaining layout requirements, material management processes and minimum trigger points for all areas
within the operation.
• Engineer and implement internal logistics processes.
• Effective management and maintenance of systems.
• Ensure operation is equipped to cope with all changes in production demand throughout the year.
• Liaise with other department to discuss and agree planning and implementation strategies.
• Assist Management team and provide guidance regarding effective management of all areas/processes within the internal
• Proactive communication with internal customers (office/management) to discuss planning, issues, deliverables projects.
Developing, Implementing Performance and Quality Improvement Programs:
• Assist in relocation of the new facilities and support in the warehouse Layout and Compliance Analyst
Project (DHL Global Forwarding American Gateway MÍA and ORD).
• Meet DHL/MIA Handling Cost Target of USD 0.13 per Kilo by maximizing productivity, minimizing Over Time.
• Meet DHL/MIA Freight Receiving Accuracy KPI Target (97%).
2. Page 2 Javier A. Morales Irigoyen
2008 to 2010 PICK-PACK AND WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR
Intradeco Apparel, Miami FL
Responsible for 2,800 line items and the 56,351 square feet warehouse Operation:
• Manage receiving, picking, packing and shipping of an average of 15,000 monthly orders.
• Responsible for supervising 15 warehouse clerks, 2 coordinators and 3 drivers.
• Assign tasks and duties on a daily basis, i.e., pick-pack, shipping and receiving of inventory and proper storage of parts.
• Responsible of creating and preparing pickups and deliveries routes, following on a daily basis the route status, verifying
everything is on time and correct.
• Manage Pick and Pack area, responsible of checking and packing orders with productivity, quality and accuracy for all
outbound shipments at the branch location.
• Maintain warehouse staff with good productivity by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning,
monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Oversee all inventory control policies and procedures to maintain inventory accuracy; including receiving of all products
into system, control and audit vendor issues.
• Run regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis on the warehouse’s productivity and operating
• Monitor expense budgets for repairs and maintenances of equipment and overall building expenses and recommend
more efficient methods to reduce the overall cost of operations.
• Responsible of cleanliness, condition and operation of the Distribution Center and Equipment.
• Responsible of monitor and implement Security, Health, Safety and Regulatory compliance in operation at the Distribution
Responsible for developing and implementing performance and quality improvement programs:
• Created and implemented Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Implemented the Key Performance Indicator Report (KPI).
• Saved 50% in packing costs by recycling and using alternative packing materials in area of Pick-Pack.
• Designed a new layout for the production line in Pick-Pack area.
2005 to 2008 OPERATIONS AND WAREHOUSE MANAGER
Universal Care Corporation, Bayamón PR
Responsible for 1,528 line items and the 25,628 square feet warehouse:
• Responsible for supervising, 12 warehouse clerks, 1 supervisor and 1 coordinator.
• Oversee picking, returns, packaging and distribution activities as well all receiving , palleting and storage of incoming
goods in a timely and efficient manner.
• Keep stock inventory control system up to date and continuous planning for future order’s and new products capacity
• Report basis on the warehouse’s productivity and operating efficiencies.
• Responsible for maintaining high standards related to the physical condition of warehouse and equipment.
• Ensure warehouse is in compliance with all state and federal laws. (i.e. OSHA)
• Coordinate purchasing, production, planning, transportation, and other supply chain functions to ensure excellent
customer service and control budgeted cost.
• Keep proactive communication with purchasing department on shipment errors and inventory needs, schedule all
inbound overseas containers to be received.
• Analyze project cost reports, recommend solutions, and recover plant to schedule and cost.
• Responsible for training and development of all warehouse personnel, to include hiring and evaluating employees.
• Increased employee productivity 55% by establishing production standards.
• Consistently increased the quality of shipment to 95%.
• Introduced systematic analysis of daily discrepancy reports and standardized receiving, stocking and checking systems,
reducing inventory discrepancies to 45% annually.
3. Page 3 Javier A. Morales Irigoyen
2003 to 2005 PLANNER OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Yobel Supply Chain Management, Cataño PR
Responsible for 2,311 line items and 28,832 square feet warehouse:
• Supervise three administrative staff, directed 30 contract warehouse clerks.
• Manage the receiving of merchandise of 693.791 monthly units, approx. to 7.712 bulks by wagon.
• Proactive coordination with product management: business units and manufacturing supply sites, new product
introduction and transition; identified and implemented corrective actions as appropriate.
• Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow. Design workspace layout in order to get
maximum efficiency in warehouse.
• Schedule drivers, negotiated rates, and routes with truck lines/carriers.
• Coordinate and analyze activities to plan and control the impact of independent demand on material and
capacity. Monitor accuracy of previous forecasts.
Developed and implemented performance and quality improvement program:
• Evaluation of employees’ performance and productivity.
2001 to 2003 WAREHOUSE AND PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Ecológica Carmelo, Bayamón PR
Responsible for 400 line items Inventory and warehouse operation:
• Manage receiving, picking, packing, and shipping of 960 orders month.
• Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the politics and procedures related to controls of
inventories in companies; Carmelo Inc. and The Paving Stone Company.
• Monitor of politics and procedures related to the control of inventory in order to establish exact controls.
• Schedule manufacturing, validation and maintenance activities (schedule), assisted with set up of critical new
manufacturing processes and facilities, and interacted with various support departments and/or outside vendors to assist
with scheduling of services performed in the plant.
• Designed of new workspace layout for production and inventories areas , developed and implemented procedures to
improve those areas; and increased employee productivity 50% by establishing production standard.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
2005 APICS Certified in Master Planning of Resources (CPIM)
APICS Certified in Basics of Supply Chain Management (CSCP)
2004 Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Management
University of Puerto Rico-Bayamón, Puerto Rico
1998 Associate Degree in Civil Technology (Construction) and Civil Engineering (AutoCAD Draftsman)
University of Puerto Rico-Ponce, Puerto Rico
SEMINARS / TRAINING
• Certification Review Course of Theory of Restrictions “JIT”. (APICS)
• Forklift Instructor Training.
• Administration and control of Warehouse.
• LSCC/Life Science Competency (Specialist Thermonet).
• Envirotainer Technical.
• Kronos Workforce Central eLeaming Course (v3).
• (AS-3) IAC Security Training-IAC & AR Warehouse.
• Hazardous Material Security Plan.
• TSA -Cargo Security and Screening Cargo and Physical Training.
• Project Management, Database Administration, Staff Development & Training, Develop and Maintain (SOP’s & KPI).
• MS Office Suite, SAP Basic,Logis,MGMS,FSI, Retail Link, Traverse System, Auto Cad, Operating UPS or FedEx
Manifesting Manchine and Catalyst WMS.
• Spanish (Fluent) / English (Intermediate).
• APICS-Advancing Productivity Innovation, and Competitive Success