10. a. What angles can you draw using a 45º triangular set
square? And with a 60º triangular set square?
11. b. Divide a 77 mm segment into two equal
parts, using your compass.
12. c. Draw a straight line r and any point A on it. Starting at
point A, draw a 72º angle off the line using a protractor.
13. d. A straight line can create a sense of volume. On a sheet of
paper, draw a composition showing this effect
14. e. Look for a picture painted by Josef Albers which he uses only
black and red straight lines, and for the picture named
"Homage To The Square: Glow" painted in 1966 by the same
author. In which one does the painter create a sense of depth?
16. a. What is a triangle? Write a definition.
A triangle is a flat shape formed by three straight lines
that intersect each other. It has three sides and three
vertices. Its angles add up to 180º.
17. b. Describe the characteristics of a quadrilateral. What
quadrilaterals can you name?
Quadrilaterals are flat shapes that have four straight
side, two of which intersect the other two.
The square, rectangle, rhombus, rhomboid,
isosceles trapezium, trapezoid.
18. c. Name and define the important lines of a triangle.
The hypotenuse is the longest side of a right-angled
19. c. What is a trapezoid? How is it different from quadrilaterals
A trapezoid:none of its sides are equal nor parallel. All its
angles and diagonals are different. The angles are not right-
angles and the diagonals are not parallel.
20. e. Draw the following triangles and quadrilaterals giving step-by-
step diagrams. Write simple instructions for each step.
A triangle with sides that measure 65, 55 and 45 mm.
A diamond with the longest diagonal measuring 60mm and its
smallest diagonal measuring 50mm.
A trapezoid with sides measuring 45, 40, 35 and 30 mm and a
diagonal of 50 mm
21. f. Find a picture by Richard Anuszkiewicz that uses just
22. g. Look for the picture "Grande Toile Grise Pour Kassel" painted
by Antoni Tapies in 1964. What polygonal shapes can you see?
I can see triangles and
23. h. Look for a Basque Sculptor who uses mostly polygonal
shapes in his works.
24. i. Look for Pablo Picasso's "Accordionist" painted in 1911 and
Georges Braque's "Violin and Palette" painted in 1909. What
movement do they belong to? What similarities can you see?
In the colour and
both have straight