InOpen | Executive Summary
‣ InOpen started in 2009 by Rupesh and Prof. Sridhar. Incubated in IIT
Bombay. We are an educational startup with focus on developing
high quality academic content through intense research.
‣ InOpen provides tailor-made solutions for teaching Computer
Science to 125+ schools, thus reaching out to 300,000+ students.
InOpen aims to touch the lives of 1,000,000 students by 2013.
‣ InOpen has also been mandated by the State Governments of
Assam and Bihar to teach school children in Government schools
and ofﬁcer/clerk level employees.
‣ Backed by strong VC Funding.
InOpen | Why
‣ We feel that in today’s scenario, there is a proliferation of Education
related materials. There are a lot of sensible content present but
there is an overdose of information in many forms. As a result child
and the teacher is overwhelmed and confused.
‣ We believe In the information age, it is important that we equip the
students with the right combination of cognitive (thinking), behavioral
(life skills or the 21 century skills) and attitude (self learning
‣ We believe that there is a need to present content in a way that is
simple, yet very engaging. There is a need to emphasize concepts and
nurture thinking skills rather than memorization of information.
InOpen | How ?
By creating content and learning solutions whose genesis is in :
‣ Sustained deeper Involvement and engagement with audience
(contextualisation of learning experience).
‣ Emphasis on 21st century skills (Communication, critical thinking,
creativity, and collaboration) and conﬁdence to approach a complex
‣ Broadening the application area of concepts by learning and mapping
them to daily life.
‣ Empowering Delivery Channels (equipping the teachers with TPACK
based training). Teaching approach - TAP your way to learn - Think-
Understanding the Current Scenario (1/3)
on x I ha ren
Sy nta diff rating
m atio Sy
Is nt ?
Understanding the Current Scenario (2/3)
‣ Exposure to technology - Students at young age; at school and
home are exposed to smart phones, laptops, embedded
computers; School - digital solutions, tabs have become a norm
‣ Computer Science. Focus on acquiring Skills. Not much about
Understanding the Current Scenario (3/3)
Understanding the Current Scenario (3/3)
Computer Science in Schools has mostly been about acquiring skills
Questioning the Current Scenario
‣ Somebody who knows how to compose a letter well can also
write a good email. But can somebody who ‘only’ knows how to
operate an email service write good emails? Is just the ability to
type email sufﬁcient?
‣ Somebody who can present a thought well, is more likely to
create awesome presentation decks. But can somebody who
‘only’ knows the skill of MS-PPT create effective presentations?
‣ Somebody who knows how to think logically, can also write
programs. But can somebody who ‘only’ knows how to use the
syntax of a programming language write efﬁcient programs?
for Computer How ?
Science in Schools.
Product Computer Masti (CM) ?
What is Computer Masti
‣ Computer Science for Schools.
‣ It is a collaborative product of
IIT Bombay and InOpen
‣ Content Service Solution. Text
Book (or ebook) along with
Teacher Training, Handholding
‣ Available for CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE
and SSC Boards.
‣ The inception of Computer Masti (CM) has come about at a
critical juncture when there was a visible need for a standard
Computer curriculum, trained teachers and quality instructional
‣ Fun and Engaging Content. Solves one of the primary barriers to
boosting science-related college majors is a lack of interest.
‣ CM uses Scaffolded learning. Real-life problems always have more
than one path to a solution, that students learn best by doing, and
that curiosity should drive exploration.
‣ CM adopts a constructivist pedagogical approach, which
encourages the characters to keep asking questions, and to
explore on their own. Learning is contextual and idiosyncratic.
Clients and Testimonials
Jamnabai Narsee, Vikhe Patil
Mumbai School, Pune
Art of Living Schools
Kendra Vidyala, Al Barkat School
Mumbai Anjuman Islam
Small Science | A revolutionary Science Curriculum
‣ Primary Science Text Books
‣ Developed at HBCSE written by
Prof. Jayashree Ramadas
(committee member of NCF
‣ Structured inquiry based
curriculum. Develops Scientiﬁc
abilities at an early age
‣ Engage students and teachers
together in joyful and
meaningful learning experience
InOpen | Team
Rupesh Kumar Shah Dr. Farida Khan Sapna Patel
Co Founder & CEO VP – Learning and VP – Strategic
MBA (IIM-C), BE - Research Alliances
Computer Science PhD (Psychology), IIT Fellow, Teach for India
Bombay and prior experience
Prof Sridhar Iyer with Google
Co-Founder & Non A Sharad Naidu
Exec Director VP – Business
Faculty at CSE Dept., Development
IIT Bombay Fellow, Teach for India
and prior experience
InOpen | Why Us
‣ We have advantage over competition
‣ We are ahead of competition in reference to Content.
‣ Unfair advantage to Computer Masti. The JV with IIT Bombay
and HBCSE creates credibility in Education Sector.
‣ Proof of concept: Within 30 months, InOpen already has 125+
schools in 5 states (across all boards) as customers.
‣ Financial Growth: Clocked revenues of Rs 2.25 crore. Broke Even in
2012. Proﬁtable. 3x from 2010-11.
‣ A combination of Young Executive team, a well experienced
Academic team along-with a strong BOD.
‣ High Visibility in Education Sector.
At InOpen we are focused on being educational content
generators that strengthens thinking skills and empowers the
audience to approach complex problems conﬁdently.
We are passionate about creating Content which is simple,
engaging and fun.
We have an aim of furthering education through our
continuous process of simplifying and strengthening of
Rupesh Shah | CEO & Co-Founder| email@example.com | rupeshkumarshah.com
Mumbai | Hyderabad | Jaipur | Chennai
Tel: +91-22-64-545454 firstname.lastname@example.org | www.computermasti.com
Offenbar haben Sie einen Ad-Blocker installiert. Wenn Sie SlideShare auf die Whitelist für Ihren Werbeblocker setzen, helfen Sie unserer Gemeinschaft von Inhaltserstellern.
Sie hassen Werbung?
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert, um den neuen globalen Regeln zum Thema Datenschutzbestimmungen gerecht zu werden und dir einen Einblick in die begrenzten Möglichkeiten zu geben, wie wir deine Daten nutzen.
Die Einzelheiten findest du unten. Indem du sie akzeptierst, erklärst du dich mit den aktualisierten Datenschutzbestimmungen einverstanden.