1. Eric S. Barker
3758 Prospect St., Mogadore, OH 44260 Home: (330) 628-3255
Dedicated Results-Driven Marketing Professional with over fifteen years experience in Marketing and
Management. Emphasis on Marketing Analysis, Developing Marketing Plans and Strategies.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employees at all levels and to meet organizational
performance and business goals.
PatentHEALTH, LLC, Canton, OH August, 2009 - Present
Director of Marketing and Business Development
• Manage all aspects of marketing and business administration for PatentHEALTH's brands
across all distribution channels to include direct mail, ROP advertising, radio and television DR
• Identify and maximize all available opportunities for the purpose of eclipsing all
PatentHEALTH's sales, profit and growth goals.
◦ Plan and analyze all direct response and retail revenue programs by evaluating all
contributing media forms to ensure profitability.
◦ Develop and execute a Direct Mail program for PatentHEALTH.
◦ Develop strong back-end direct response programs, maximizing value of continuity
◦ Manage all areas of trade show participation.
• Develop new planning, measurement and forecasting tools, ensuring that all capital resources
are utilized to the fullest extent so that revenue, profit and cash flow are maximized.
◦ Carefully scrutinize all key business indicators including: Advertising expenses, product
costs, sales reports, market data and retail promotion and distribution.
◦ Manage and implement all testing, from implementation to back-end analysis and roll-out.
• Responsible for all aspects of product packaging including: graphic development, production
scheduling, and legal compliance.
• Direct and execute all tactical aspects of the division's marketing plans to include: market
feasibility, competitive landscape, creative development, testing, measurement and criteria,
legal review and compliance, roll-out scheduling, inventory management and back end
2. Eric S. Barker
Stylin’ Concepts/Whitney Automotive Group, Independence, OH
Stylin’ Trucks, J.C. Whitney, carparts.com April, 2000 – January, 2009
• Developed both short term and long term marketing plans that meet the goals and objectives of the
company’s strategic plans.
• Develop Marketing budget including forecasting Sales, and all expenses through P&L.
• Create, maintain, execute master promotion schedule including catalog mailings, email campaigns,
magazine advertising, web promotions and other marketing programs.
• Project sales volume and order volume on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly level per growth &
• Identify, plan & measure marketing test strategies.
• Developed new marketing opportunities:
• Research and develop new mailing lists.
• Identify opportunities that exist in space/magazine advertising.
• Work with e-marketing team to maximize effectiveness of email campaigns through customer
segmentation, triggered emails and targeted email offers.
• Introduced new newsstand distribution of catalogs (Magalog) 5x in 2005.
• Identify & Maximize Return on Investment for all marketing opportunities
• Executed analytical projects including (but not limited to):
• Square Inch Analysis – Establish framework, use results to improve catalog.
• Internet Marketing Analysis – Report daily/weekly/monthly results using Omniture Site Catalyst
software, including many ad hoc queries and campaign analysis.
• Response Analysis – By promotion/list/source code, breakeven/P&L, etc.
• RFM Analysis – Analyze make-up of house files, understand buying patterns.
• House file analysis/Waterfall model.
• Developed & implemented new Match Back Analysis program in 2005, allowing Stylin’ to better
source business coming in through the internet and other unknown sources.
• Report on sales and expense performance vs. Budget/plan and hold marketing teams accountable
• Improved Overall Company Sales by 500% in 5+ years.
• Executed all Catalog Print Buying from 2000-2008.
Duncan Hill Co. Ltd., Kids Stuff Catalog Company, Canton, OH May,1995 – April, 2000
• Spearhead Strategic Marketing Plans for all divisions of consumer catalog company, including:
• The Perfectly Safe Catalog, a child-safety catalog targeted towards new parents
• Jeannie’s Kids Club, Children’s hard goods catalog targeted to parents of children age 0-5
• Natural Baby Catalog, natural cotton fiber clothing & diapers, wood toys, homeopathic medicines,
• Little Feet, a start-up children’s footwear catalog and accessories
• Carey’s Smokeshop, a separate division of Duncan Hill, which markets smoking pipes, cigars and
other tobacco products
• Maximize profit contribution by developing catalog circulation analysis and forecasting/budgeting
processes for catalogs
• Coordinate the mailing of 8 million catalogs over 38 mail dates in 1999, consisting of 3 million house
files, 5 million new prospects
3. Eric S. Barker
• Crafted merchandise sales analysis using square inch P&L analysis, allowing merchants to better
forecast unit sales and replace poor performing (non-profitable) merchandise with new merchandise
Analysis breaks out product sales into a full profit and loss statement on a family, SKU, price point or
product category level
• Direct all aspects of catalog production including catalog layout and pricing, some copy writing and
editing, list merge/purge processing, print buying and mail list selection
• Raised over $400,000 in 1997 from suppliers for a vendor-sponsored direct marketing television
campaign, partnered with Turner Broadcasting, Inc.
• Earned 1999 Catalog Age Gold Award for Best Children’s Catalog (Natural Baby Catalog)
• Named one of the ten best catalog redesigns of all time by Catalog Age Magazine (Natural Baby)
• Contributed to the start-up of 2 new catalog ventures at Duncan Hill (Kids Club & Healthy Feet)
• Overhauled Telemarketing and Customer Service Departments. Established external back-up/overflow
call support, re-staffing and introducing up-sell/cross-sell program and employee incentive programs
• Implemented Priority Mail parcel fulfillment program in March 1999, saving Kids Stuff $150,000+
• Managed 4 direct reports. Recruited 8 employees over 5 years, 4 of which were promoted to
manager/supervisory positions within the company.
• Led financial turnaround Kids Stuff Catalogs from an annual loss of $500k+ to a large profit in 1999
Provantage Corporation, Canton, OH 1993 – 1995
• Managed sales for computer software and hardware manufacturers such as IBM, Lotus, Borland, and
• Managed all aspects of marketing products including pricing, advertising, direct mail promotions,
inventory, and special promotions
• Mailed 1 million 96+ page catalogs each year, consisting of primarily house files
• Mailed 1 million 16-20 page Price Guides annually
• Mailed 500,000 promotional pieces annually ranging from demo software to postcards
• Designed and wrote copy for ads for our catalogs and direct mail pieces
• Wrote and managed press releases to inform the press of new software releases
• Analyzed sales and profitability for accounts and maintained competitive analysis
Enterprise Rent A Car, Akron, OH 1992 – 1993
Management Training Program
• Fulfilled daily automobile rental tasks and operations
• Marketed services to insurance companies, dealerships and corporations for replacement and corporate
• Managed accounts receivable
4. Eric S. Barker
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
Computer skills include a thorough knowledge of MS Excel, MS-Access, Windows, MS Word,
Approach, MS Publisher, MS PowerPoint, Crystal Reports 9.0 & 10.0, Omniture Site Catalyst, Mail
Order Manager XL, and Internet Explorer. Advanced training in MS-Outlook.
University of North Carolina Wilmington
• Officer (Treasurer) of Beta Gamma Sigma (Honors Business Fraternity) at UNCW.
• Member of the Society for Advancement of Management (UNCW Chapter).
Completed COSE Strategic Management Course at Cleveland State University (5 Mo. Program for
Business Owners) in March 2001. Returned in 2004-2005 as mentor for another business through
Completed various training courses for MS-Outlook, MS-Access, MS-Excel.
Attended numerous Catalog Conferences & DMA Conferences.
Completed Management Supervisory & Leadership Certificate Program through University of
Don Harbert Improving Performance & Results, 2010
EAST OHIO GAS SCHOLARSHIP EMPLOYEE. (1988-91) Four-year annual scholarship helped
finance college education. Summer employee working in the Engineering Department.
• Performed gas line corrosion reads in the three-county region.
• Tracked and monitored all corrosion reads by other employees.
• Organized reports using Foxpro database, Lotus, and Quattro Pro software.
• Implemented new computer system in Corrosion Department.
Valedictorian - Mogadore High School.