2. I. Read the following paragraph about Sam. Then classify the activities he does in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening. In the morning, Sam wakes up at 6:00 a.m. Then he takes a shower and gets dressed. Later, he has breakfast. He doesn’t take the bus, he walks to school instead. In the afternoon, Sam does the homework. After that, he watches TV at 5:00 p.m.and he plays video games with his friends. In the evening, he has dinner with his family and finally he goes to bed at 10:00 pm. In the morning In the afternoon In the evening
3. II. Match the drawings with the verbs. have/ eat brush catch go take get comb kiss my hair the bus to school to school my mom good-bye my teeth a shower breakfast with the family dressed for school up in the morning
4. We eat at 2:00 p.m. I get up early in the morning. They cook a delicious cake. You play soccer. Most verbs take –s for third person singular subjects. Bill eat s at 1:00 p.m. My brother get s up late. My mother cook s very well. He play s basket ball. Simple Present
5. Peter kiss es his girlfriend. My brother wash es the car on weekends. Joe watch es TV at night. The mechanic fix es the car. Sally go es to school everyday. Verbs that end in -s, -sh, -ch, -x, or –o take –es for the third person singular subjects
6. Verbs ending in consonant + y take -ies I study for a test. Exception They play tennis. She stud ies for a test. Charles play s the guitar. Irregular verb We have a new car. She has a laptop.
7. III Fill in the blanks with the correct verb form of the verbs in parentheses In the morning, Claudia __________ (get up) at 7:00 o’clock. She __________ (take) a shower and she __________ (go) to work. She is a secretary. She __________ (work) in an office. At noon, she ________ (have) lunch in a restaurant near her office. In the afternoon, she usually __________ (sign) in the messenger to chat for a while. Claudia __________ (finish) her work at 5:30 pm., and sometimes __________ (go) shopping. After that, she _________ (get) home and _________ (cook) dinner. Next, she __________ ( watch) TV or sometimes __________ (read) a magazine. Finally, she __________ (go) to bed at midnight. Claudia’s daily routine
8. Bill does not play volleyball. Joe does not wash the dishes after breakfast. Charles doesn’t read magazines about famous people. Sally doesn’t drive a car. She doesn’t have a driver’s license. Full form: does not Contraction: doesn´t I do not know how to cook. We do not work in an office. We are students. Bill and Joe don´t go to the same school. You don´t have lunch in a restaurant. Full form: do not Contraction: don´t Simple Present (Negative form and Yes/No Questions with the auxiliary do )
9. Does Joe wash the dishes after breakfast? No, he doesn´t. Does Sally go to school? Yes, she does. Do Bill and Joe go to the same school? No, they don´t. Do you study for the exams? Yes, we do.
10. IV. Check the chart and answer the questions. Use short answers. Listen to rock music Cook Italian food Drive a car Clean the room Go to work Mary Peter Jennifer Sarah √ = Yes ҳ = No
11. 1.Does Jennifer listen to rock music? _____________________________________________ 2.Does Sarah drive a car? ______________________________________________________ 3.Does Peter clean the room?___________________________________________________ 4.Do Jennifer and Mary cook italian food? ________________________________________ 5.Does Mary go to work? _____________________________________________________ 6.Do Sarah and Jennifer listen to rock music? _____________________________________ 7.Does Jennifer drive a car? ___________________________________________________
12. V. Choose one of the verbs in the box to make questions according to the drawings. play chess / clean the garden / swim in the pool / take a shower / dance / draw / drive a car cook Mexican food / go to school / talk on the phone / water the garden / do housework Days of the week Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
13. Simple Presents Wh-Questions with the auxiliary “ do ” What do you do on Saturday morning? I have breakfast in a restaurant. does she do on weekdays? She does exercise. When do you go to school? We go to school on weekdays. does he play? He plays soccer on Wednesday. VI. Listen and put the pictures in chronological order according to the recording. Number the images from 1 to 7.
14. VII. Answer the following questions with your own information. Then ask the same questions to a partner. Report the information to your teacher. 1.What do you do on Monday morning? 2.When do you study? 3.What do you do after you get up? 4.What do you do on weekends?
15. How often do you ... (study)? I study We always do the homework You usually read a book They sometimes seldom He never studies She does the homework It reads a magazine Keep in mind
16. VIII. Write true sentences about yourself using the following words. Example: 1. golf (play) 1. I never play golf 2. T.V (watch) _________________________________________ 3. a newspaper (read) _________________________________________ 4. new clothes (buy) _________________________________________ 5. a tie (wear) _________________________________________ 6. homework (do) _________________________________________ 7. rock music (listen to) _________________________________________ 8. to the theater (go) _________________________________________ 9. vegetables (eat) _________________________________________ 10. my room (clean) _________________________________________
17. IX. Listen to the short dialogues and put a checkmark to the most suitable frequency adverb in each case. Seldom Sometimes Never Usually Always 4 5 6 3 2 1
19. XI. Write about your daily routine. You can add images or drawings. Try to think about what you usually do on weekdays and weekends. XII. GAME TIME You and your partner are looking for two people to share an apartment with you. Find two roomates that you can live in peace with! Write a card about what you expect from them. Example of a card: You get up early (at about 6:00 o’clock) and go to bed early (at about 10:00 o’clock) You don’t smoke or drink. You read a lot but never watch TV. You do exercise and like pop music. You clean the house everyday. You should interview each other about their habits and daily routines until you find the roomates whose lifestyle is similar to yours. Rules : Do not show your card. Ask and aswer the questions about your daily routines in English instead.