3. • After the death of Aurangzeb in 1707 AD.
Bahadur shah ascended the throne .When
Bahadur shah ascended the throne he was 65
years old. During his rule saw the rising
power of the Marathas and Sikhs .He died in
7. Sayyid brothers became more powerful than the
king that they were able to put anybody on
the mughal throne and remove who
displeased. They were also known as king
8. A TABLE OF LATER MUGHAL
• SHAH ALAM • AD 1707- 1712
• JAHANDER SHAH • AD 1712- 1713
• FARRUKHSIYAR • AD 1713- 1719
• MUHAMMAD SHAH • AD 1719- 1748
• AHAMAD SHAH • AD 1748- 1754
• ALAMGIR • AD 1754- 1759
• SHAH ALAM • AD 1759- 1806
• AKBAR • AD 1806- 1837
• BAHADUR SHAH ZAFAR • AD 1837- 1857
10. • Nadir shah invaded India and plundered the
wealth of Delhi and took back with him the
Kohinoor diamond and the peacock throne.
• AWADH WAS PROSPEROUS AREA ON THE
FERTILE FLOOD PLAIN OF THE GANGA
• AD 1721 the zamindars of Awadh rose in
rebellion ,they refused to pay taxes to the
• so AD1722,Saadat Khan ,the leader of irani group
of nobles .He was successful in putting down the
revolts in Awadh.
• AD1748 Saadat Khan helped in fighting against
15. • He was succeeded by his son-in-law
safdarjung in AD 1739.
• Emperor Ahmad shah made safdarjung ,wazir
and he took the name of nawab-wazir.
• Qamaruddin Chin Qilich khan was the leader
of the Turani group of nobles, was appointed
in AD 1713 as the viceroy of the Deccan. In
AD 1722 he was made the wazir at Delhi by
the emperor Mohammad shah .
• When he tried to restored order in Delhi, he
met with opposition and resentment.
• Disappointed ,he returned to Hyderabad. He
established the kingdom of Hyderabad in AD
1724 and ruled it in an semi-independent
17. • Qilich khan had to deal with frequent raids of
the Marathas .he had to maintain a friendly
relations with both the mughal emperor in
one hand and the Marathas on the other hand
The independent state of Bengal was founded
by Murshid Kuli Khan .he was first appointed
by the mughal emperor as its diwan and later
elevated to Bengal.
He shifted his capital to Murshidabad . After Kuli
khan passed away his son shujauddaulah next
Alivardi khan defeated Shujaiddaulah and
Shujaiddaulah went back on a promise of
paying the taxes.
Then Shujaiddaulah was ascended the throne by
19. • Under him Bengal became very rich and
therefore it was first state that was attacked
and captured by British.
Khan shujauddaulah Sirajuddaulah
• The fifth Sikh guru ,guru Arjan dev, compiled
the teachings of earlier gurus called the guru
granth sahib .he also built the golden temple
and the Har Mandir Sahib at Amritsar.
• The ninth Sikh guru teg bahadur was put to
death by Aurungzeb .
• This angered the Sikhs and tenth guru gobind
Singh . He transformed the Sikhs to militant
sect called Khalsa
• And he died in 1708 then it was lead by Banda
21. • Their army consisted on several well trained
compact units called misls.
• Under the leadership of Maharaja Ranjit
Singh Sikhs reached the height of glory.
guru Arjan dev guru teg bahadur Singh
• The Maratha are an Indian caste, predominantly in the state of
Maharashtra. The term Maratha has three related usages: within
the Marathi speaking region it describes the dominant Maratha
caste; outside Maharashtra it can refer to the entire regional
population of Marathi-speaking people; historically, it describes the
Maratha empire founded by Shivaji in the seventeenth century and
continued by his successors, which included many castes.
• They primarily reside in the Indian states of Maharashtra,
Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Gujarat, Karnataka and Goa. Those in
Goa and neighboring Karwar are known specifically as Konkan
Marathas as an affiliation to their regional and linguistic alignment.
The Dhangar Ahirs of Indore calls themselves as Marathas. 
24. • Under the rule of Shivaji the Marathas
reached the height of glory.
• He was well trained in guerilla warfare.