1. JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE
Job Title: Sr. HR Officer Department: Human Resources
Job Grade: 8 Reporting to: Manager HR
Issue Date: 06-10-2015 Revision Date: New
BASIC FUNCTION & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Senior HR officers have the duty of managing the learning and professional development of an organization’s
workforce. They assess the needs and performance of the employees, facilitate schemes and arrange training/
interview/ meeting days.
• Identifying training and development needs within an organization through job analysis, appraisal
schemes and regular consultation with business managers and human resources departments.
• Designing and expanding training and development programs based on the needs of the
organization and the individual.
• Perform Appraisal Activity bi-annually.
• Monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees through questionnaires.
• Evaluating training and development programs
• Maintain proper records and report of all employee meetings and trainings.
• Hiring staff – advertising and initial interviews
• Keeping employee records
• Developing HR policies and procedures
• Updating upcoming training calendar
• Collection of training material from the employees attended training
• Checking/preparing divisions field force monthly expenses
• To do Exit Interview of every resign employee in M&S.
• To assist Manager HR in the making of newsletter
• Suggest and implement, Creative Ideas which result in improvement / Cost Saving for the
- Decision Making:
What is the nature of the direct supervision that is provided to the incumbent of this position?
- Financial Authority:
Provide quantitative measurements (i.e. budgets, sales volumes etc) for which this position is
Job Title this position reports. Specify: - Manager HR
Job Titles directly reporting to this position. Specify:
Job Titles indirectly reporting to this position. Specify: Officer
No supervisory responsibility.
Provide guidance, leadership or training to other employees.
Directly responsible for supervising, non-exempt, clerical or office administrative personnel.
Directly responsible for supervising exempt, professional or technical employees.
Directly responsible for supervising supervisory/managerial employees.
Please describe the following work conditions that are generally required to execute the principal duties of
3. Physical Surroundings: Office Environment
Adverse working environment: No
Physical Effort: NO
Domestic/International Travel: No.
Extensive Hours: No
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR:
1. At least 2 creative Ideas
2. Recruitment Process
3. Training and Development
4. Analysis of Exit interview
High School Certificate / Diploma
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Training courses in this field. Related to HR Functions, etc.
General experience in this field. ____5______ Year(s)
Experience specific to this position. _____2_____ Year(s)
Knowledge Skills Attitude
• Business Administration
• Business Development
• Strategic Planning
• Decision making
• Time Management
• Interpersonal skills