• Acquiring conceptual clarity of marketing as a function.
• Ability to analyse the importance and impact of the marketing
function in an organisation.
• Demonstrating the ability to evolve marketing strategies for
• The students should be able to recall, relate and infer the marketing
concepts to adapt to the business environment.
• The students should develop and demonstrate marketing skills to
apply and extend their role in an organisation.
• The students should be able to design and develop integrated
marketing strategies for products for organisational and societal
• Course Structure: Will be mailed to the students & will be uploaded on the portal
INTERNAL CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT (ICA): 50 MARKS
Mid Term Test
20 marks – 06th April 2023
Power Point Presentations on Module 6
& related Case Study (Admin group)
Class Test – 15 marks (5+5+5)
Class work - 5 marks
1. Core Concepts of Marketing
2. Introduction to Consumer Behavior
4. Product, Price, Place, Promotion (The Marketing Mix Concept)
5. Product Life Cycle & Strategic Marketing
6. Current Trends in Marketing
• Module 6 Topics: Admin Groups – Presentations – Module 6
topic(10m) with Case Study(10m) Total 20 marks
• Green Marketing – 1, 5, 9
• Digital Marketing – 2, 6, 10
• Social Marketing and cause related marketing – 3, 7, 11
• Ethics in Marketing – 4,8
• Note: Module 6 is self study. 2/3 times a chapter from module 6 will be presented by various groups.
Students are required to pay attention and prepare their own notes for the same. No notes shall be
provided for this module. Minimum 5 and Maximum 6 students in a group.
What is Marketing?
• For a Layman -
• Marketing is only about selling and advertising
• But this is just a tip of an iceberg
• Today Marketing is all about satisfying customer need and
managing profitable customer relationships.
• According to Peter Drucker
• ‘the aim of marketing is to make selling unnecessary’
• Distribution Channels/Channels of Distribution
• Direct Marketing & Direct Selling
• Definition by Kotler & Others:
• ‘Marketing is the process by which companies create value for
customers and build strong customer relationships in order to
capture value from customers in return.’
According to American Marketing Association:
‘Marketing is the activity, set of institutions, and
processes for creating, communicating, delivering
and exchanging offerings that have value for
customers, clients, partners and society at large.’
The Marketing Process
• 5 Step model of Marketing Process:
• Understand marketplace & consumers needs and wants
• Design customer driven marketing strategy
• Construct an integrated marketing program that delivers superior
• Build profitable relationships and create customer delight
• Capture value from customers to create profit and customer equity.
CORE CONCEPTS OF MARKETING
• Need, Want, Demand
• Target Market, Positioning, Segmentation
• Offerings and Brand
• Marketing Channels, Paid, Owned, Earned
• Impression & Engagement
• Value & Satisfaction
• Supply Chain & Competition
• Marketing Environment