2. The Way of the Thracians Foundation was
established with main activity, popularization
and preservation of the cultural and historical
heritage of Bulgaria.
In our main activity we give priority to young
people and youth organizations.
Our goals - personal development, stimulation of
civic activity, qualification and retraining through
the methods of non-formal and informal learning.
Organization of exhibitions
Participation in archeological excavations
5. Cultural heritage in support of solidarity
Vratza, Botevgrad and more… ☺
Start: 20 August 2022
End: 07 October 2022
6. • The meeting with ESC is a matter of personal choice and desire to "learning
by experience", "learning by doing".
• "Cultural heritage in support of solidarity" was developed to support the
aims of the Foundation and the European Solidarity Corp program.
• Activities will take place in Bulgaria - country with a rich history, traditions,
crafts, preserved in our lands, crossroads of different cultures over the
More information about our projects and activities can be found here:
More information about the project can be found here:
https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/28828_en - European Youth Portal
7. Venue: Vratza, Bulgaria
Entity: The Way of Thracians Foundation
Duration: 50 days - 20/08/2022 – 07/10/2022
What includes? Accommodation, money for food (€ 5 /day), travel money (up
to a fixed maximum), local transport (if needed) and Pocket money (€ 4/day)
Working day: 30-35 h/week, 5 days/week
Country: from EU and neighboring
Thematic of the project:
1. Research activities - Bulgarian culture, traditions, crafts and organic
farming, sports, archeological and ecological activities.
2. Practical activities by groups:
- support for socially disadvantaged children and young people,
- conducting creative workshops,
- promoting volunteering and solidarity.
Opportunity for individual projects - support for shelters for stray animals and
8. The activities are distributed in the field of cultural and historical heritage, including
theoretical preparation, research activities in ethnography and folklore under the
guidance of specialists, organic farming, crafts, graphic design, preparation of
promotional materials, brochures, etc.
The volunteer project covers four main work areas: social, ethnographical and
cultural activities, multilinguistic exchange, cultural exchange and raising awareness
about environmental issues. All this is based on the non-formal education and the
joint commitment with the environment and community.
The main activities that the volunteers will be involved in are related to interaction
with local communities and vulnerable groups through various joint activities for
inclusion, socialization and solidarity with needy members of society.
Workshops, actions for cleaning, ennobling and refreshing cultural, historical and
public spaces, organizing festivals, exhibitions, demonstrations, promoting
volunteerism and solidarity with those in need, activities to raise awareness of
communities on issues that directly concern them, including environmental
protection, civic participation and activity, human rights, equality and non-
discrimination, equal access to resources and services, activities to engage society
in resolving current crises.
We will just take in consideration responsible, motivated and passionate application
9. The participants will learn about the culture, traditions, customs,
crafts and history of Bulgaria, will spend unforgettable days in the
beautiful nature of Bulgaria, will feel the hospitality and gentle
temper of Bulgarians.