This Slideshare presentation is a partial preview of the full business document. To view and download the full document, please go here:
The full course on Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and Emergency Shutdown (ESD), in accordance with the IEC 61511 and IEC 61508 standards and boiler/gas turbine control safety instrumented systems, consists of 19 training modules. This document refers to the 4th training module only, Safety Life Cycle. Specific topics covered include:
* Safety Life Cycle Overview
* Phases of the Safety Life Cycle
* Safety Requirement Specification
Upon the successful completion of the full SIS/ESD course (all 19 modules), you will be able to:
* Apply a comprehensive knowledge in safety instrumented systems (SIS) and emergency shutdown in accordance with the IEC 61511 and IEC 61508 standards and boiler/gas turbine control safety instrumented systems
* Differentiate safety instrumented systems, control system, and ESD system
* Review the concepts and requirements of IEC 61511 and IEC 61508 standards
* Determine the safety integrity level (SIL), as well as recognize technology choices and reliability analysis
* Perform proper initial system evaluation and discuss the issues related to field devices
* Explain safety systems engineering and carryout system installation covering factor acceptance testing, validation, site acceptance tests, functional safety assessment, pre-start-up safety review, handover to operations, start-up, and post start-up activities
* Recognize the need for functional testing and define hazards and risks
* Illustrate SIS design for gas turbines, gas compressors, and gas stations, as well as SIS design for waste heat boilers
We can also furnish additional materials via email relevant to your purchased document(s).
For an additional fee, we can provide technical support to relevant engineering projects.