2. What is Power
• Huge collection of
by Microsoft for
• Process of organizing and preparing data
for storing it in a database.
• Filtering out rows we don’t need.
• Remove unnecessary or redundant
columns of data.
• Cleaning up data that is inconsistent or
• Completely restructuring the data to put
into a new format.
• Ensures the data is consistent and
4. Data Visualization
• Graphical representation of
• Through live dashboards,
interactive reports, charts,
graphs, and other visual
visualization helps users
develop powerful business
insight quickly and
• Getting data from some data source like a
database, spreadsheet, text file, or off a
webpage and then loading into a data model.
• Data model allows to build data
6. Power BI
• Free desktop application from Microsoft
that can be installed in windows
• Primary tool for creating data models and
reports in Power BI.
• Can save reports locally to hard drive as a
document with file extension of PBIX.
7. Power Query
• How to connect one or more data
sources and perform all necessary data
preparation steps to built data model.
• Will retrieve data, process it using data
preparation steps and load into final data
8. X velocity
• Data model is stored in Power BI inside a tool
called x-velocity in memory analysis engine.
• Database inside a Power BI.
• Store data model and compresses the data
down into a fraction of its original size.