1. Ms. Eugene V. Santos
Tel. + 447972801542 • email: email@example.com
Accounting/Finance Professional with expertise in month-end closing and reports, journal entries
for accruals and prepayments, financial forecasts; budget vs. actual analysis; internal and external
audits including government regulations (SOX audits) and compliance, balance sheet; P&L
reconciliations, financial modeling, and payroll assistance. Focus is on methods to improve
efficiencies, process automation, and providing recommendations to management based upon fact
findings and variance analysis.
(The first coffee brand in the UK to carry the Fairtrade label. Produces and distributes coffee to
major retailers and has expanded to supply foodservice with ethically sourced tea & cocoa.)
Commercial Management Accountant October 2012 to January 2014
May 2015 to Present
• Manage and ensure the integrity of the Monthly Management accounts including
calculating post sales cost and overhead accruals, product margin analysis, and variance
• Maintain Fixed Asset register and post monthly depreciation charges
• Prepares & reconcile accruals, prepayments and other Balance sheet accounts
• Assist Head of Finance with preparation of Period End reports.
• Assist Head of Finance with the forecasting & annual budgeting process.
• Work with the commercial functions (sales, marketing and supply chain) to ensure they
have the necessary information to aid their decision making and provide necessary analysis.
• Ensure processes, procedures and systems are properly documented.
• Provide support to the Head of Finance as necessary, particularly relating to commercial
activities within Cafedirect.
• Support the annual audit of Cafedirect.
• Bank Reconciliations
• SAP data migration
• Automates and create Financial worksheets essential for analysis and Sales Budgets
Accountemps (A Robert Half Company), Irvine California
Senior Accountant May 2014 to March 2015
2. • Budget forecasting and calculate salary and expense allocations for a non-profit
• Project Accounting
• Prepare Daily Financial statements and supporting schedules for seven properties
• Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures.
• Prepared bank reconciliations for nine bank accounts.
• Allocate expenses to different Cost centers.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
• Intercompany account reconciliations.
• Audit and review Night Auditors daily entries and correct any discrepancies.
• Invoice intercompany charges.
PIFConsulting/ Bluefin Group, London
( A subsidiary of AXA, THINC Group was formed in early 2000 and quickly built up a reputation
for providing high quality face-to-face advice on all aspects of finance including financial
planning, mortgages and commercial finance.)
Financial Accountant August 2007 to May 2012
• Provided back-up and support to Group Financial Controller
• Maintained control of cash management and forecasts.
• Prepared draft management account.
• Provided back-up for purchase ledger functions.
• Assisted with the preparation of Monthly Financial Report.
• Assisted the Group Financial Controller on ad hoc queries and supplementary analysis.
• Performed monthly Balance Sheet and P/L reconciliation.
• Produced and oversee commission payments for the National Sales Group.
• Maintained Advisers’ debt repayments and liaise with Group Manager on various
• Performed bank reconciliation for 30 accounts and maintains Cash flow reports.
• Consolidation of group P&L, balance sheets
• Year end closure assistance
• Statutory accounts production
• Preparation of audit file
• Fixed Asset register maintenance
St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School, Laguna Beach, CA
( A private Catholic school consisting of around 500 students and 20 staff members..)
Business Manager / Bookkeeper July 2006 to June 2007
3. • Was responsible for the financial operation of the school – Accounts Payable, Accounts
Receivable, Bookkeeping and member of the Finance Committee.
• Provided all monthly reports, analysis and bank reconciliation to the school Principal.
• Was responsible for all business affairs and non-instructional administrative matters in the
school. Serves as a liaison between the principal, teachers, school staff and school parents.
• Was responsible for maintaining a continuing review of practices and procedures in the
areas of business affairs and non-instructional administrative matters and of recommending
revisions thereto as necessary.
• In-charge of Human Resources, Payroll, Facility Maintenance, fundraising.
• Supervised the school receptionist, school health technician, facility maintenance
personnel, and school aides.
• Complied with Diocese audits.
Ricoh Electronics Inc., Santa Ana, CA
( A subsidiary of Ricoh Corp., produces office machines (OMG), reprographics supplies (RSG)
and thermal media products (TMG))
Cost Accounting Manager for RSG and TMG May 2005 to July 2006
Managed West Coast RSG and TMG division’s Cost Accounting department and assume a lead
role in following:
• Planning, development and validation of budgets for both groups.
• Prepared cost reports , variance analyses and inventory reconciliation.
• Ensured accurate and timely monthly and term-end closing processes and coordinate
closing schedules with General Accounting, national Cost Accounting staff and Strategic
• Oversaw day-to-day cost accounting operations and accounting transactions. Administer
Ricoh Electronics Inc.’s accounting policies and procedure as they relate to cost
• Recommended necessary changes to ensure compliance with REI’s accounting policies and
• Monitored internal controls over financial statements as they relate to cost accounting.
• Provided all required schedules for term-end audits.
• Complied with SOX audit and help identify gaps in internal controls and implement
measures to rectify the gaps.
Cost Accounting Analyst April 1999 to May 2005
• Assisted Thermal Media Group with planning, development, and validation of budgets for
Business Plan and Review. Assumed Budget Control function in tracking expenses and capital
• Reviewed TMG Cost Report and prepare necessary journal entries for month-end closing to
ensure accuracy of financial statements. This includes reconciliation of GL and RIPICS
• Downloaded JDE monthly P&L data by cost/profit center, perform thorough variance analyses
for TMG CA operations, and research causes for variances. Also, prepare a marginal profit
4. worksheet for Thermal media products and provide support with preparation of TMG’s
operations meeting documents.
• Conducted periodic discussions with TMG Planning, Purchasing, Production, and QA staff to
review cost accounting related policies & procedures and implement necessary changes for
• Maintained and update Thermal BOMs and coordinate BOM updates with national accounting
staff to ensure that standard cost is updated accurately and in a timely manner.
• Generated ad-hoc reports as needed and assist with annual and semi-annual audits.
Strategic Planning June 1998 to May 1999
• Developed and maintain economic models & financial simulations used in the assessment of
ongoing and future operations.
• Evaluated the effectiveness of existing systems, processes and facilitate process re-engineering.
• Prepared monthly Operational Report that encompasses Cost Variance, Expense, Inventory,
P&L and Operational analyses.
• Updated of Division’s corporate strategy and business plan preparation.
• Created and evaluate proposals to change current organizational procedures, e.g. Standard
Cost, Purchasing Claims.
• Performed standard cost estimates, profit ratio simulations. Budget analysis, sales planning,
analyze plan to actual variances, prepare proposals.
Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Navision, NAS, RIPICS, JD Edwards,
Cognos, Oracle, QuickBooks, Sage 100, Sage Payroll, Focus, Opera, M3.
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
Major in Accounting, May 1986