SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
HOW TECHNOLOGY CAN DRIVE AUTHENTIC LEARNING
1.Please join the backchannel for today’s presentation
on your laptop or mobile device.
2.Use the Today’s Meet backchannel to share ideas and
resources. Also, please ask questions and we’ll address
3. Feel free to use it for the rest of the day.
4.The transcript will be available for the next year.
1.The slides and our contact information are available
here various formats if you follow this URL.
2.Some pictures and hyperlinks links *should* lead you
to the resource referenced if you click on it in the
• Overview of the Global Education Conference
• Our Background
• Projects - basic, next steps, deep dives
• Your Toolkit
• More Starting Points and Advice
“…the Global Education Conference community is organized around
people rather than tech or content. Although happiness is definitely part
of the community, the better description might be that the community is
focused on ‘optimizing for professional generosity’.
Professional generosity drives Twitter chats, from #edchat to #kinderchat,
as well as community like Steve’s Classroom 2.0, Edmodo, and most
online educator communities. It acts as the antithesis of the outcompete-the-
world, zero-sum message US educational system promotes at all
levels. Steve and Lucy have a bootstrapped community built for an
‘infinite runway’ for teaching and learning, rather than quick success or
quick failure. Although it may not seem like a community that will garner
much attention from super angels, Lucy and Steve’s 365/24/7 “anytime,
anywhere” global teaching and learning community is the right model—
scalable, sustainable, impactful, and with a killer ROI, if you want to wait a
generation to measure it.”
–David Potter (iEARN)
The Global Education Conference is a
collaborative, world-wide community initiative
involving students, educators, and organizations at
It is designed to significantly increase
opportunities for building education-related
connections around the globe while supporting
cultural awareness, recognition of diversity, and
educational access for all.
The conference seeks to present ideas, examples,
and projects related to connecting educators and
classrooms with a strong emphasis on promoting
global awareness, fostering global competency,
and inspiring action towards solving real–world
Professional generosity is the act of freely
sharing information and supporting colleagues
in the interest of the common good. It is fueled
by serendipity, and results in multiple
opportunities to exponentially learn from and
collaborate with each other.
1198 BLOG POSTS
INT’L EDU WEEK
AROUND THE CLOCK
ALL SESSIONS RECORDED
WE ARE CHANGING THE MODEL
• Changing the Model:
• Free to attend
• No registration
• All recordings publicly available
• Core commitment: inclusion
• Core commitment: simplicity
• Unbound by time and space
• Self-scheduling (youcanbook.me)
WHAT ARE THE STEPS FOR PRESENTERS?
• Call for proposals opens in June.
• Presenters submit proposals. Most are approved.
• Presenters self-schedule their presentations.
• Presenters attend training sessions or watch a
• Presenters prepare and promote their talks.
WHAT ARE THE STEPS FOR ATTENDEES?
• People join our community for updates and
• Members browse accepted proposals.
• Participants access a schedule in their own time
• A direct link is provided in the Google Calendar
schedule to the Blackboard Collaborate vroom.
WHAT ROLE DO VOLUNTEERS PLAY?
• Many volunteers are members of our advisory
• Join our volunteer group to receive instructions.
• Hang out in our virtual lounge and wait for
• Support presenters by moderating sessions.
POLAR BEARS INTERNATIONAL
STEVEN AMSTRUP AND LANCE ROUGEAUX
LOS CAMINOS DEL CONECTIVISMO', DE LA
ESCUELA MEDIA HACIA LA UNIVERSIDAD
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH GLOBAL
ADVENTURES IN INTERNATIONAL
ARAB ISRAEL CONFLICT RESOLUTION
VICKI DAVIS, JEFF STANZLER, & STUDENTS
ARAB ISRAEL CONFLICT RESOLUTION
WESTWOOD SCHOOL STUDENTS
APPLE DISTINGUISHED EDUCATORS
GREG ALCHIN, DANIELA RUBIO, AND LUIS
JENNIFER HANSON • PRIMARY SOURCE
LATIN AMERICAN & LATINO LITERATURE FOR
“Every single moment for me has been magical.
It is almost impossible to pick one. The
presenters have all been wonderful, but it is the
discussions from the participants that make each
session exciting as people bring their different
view points to the presentation, offer additional
insights and information to the discussion and
arrange to meet up (online) and collaborate
together. It is the personal global interaction and
connections that make me stay awake all night
(sometimes) or has me wake up at a crazy hour
in the morning to connect with an educator from
the other side of the world. “
–Anne Aherne-Daly (USA)
“What would happen if all teachers and
educational leaders demonstrated Professional
Generosity? What if all school districts did? What
if all organizations and industries did? I wonder
where the tipping point would be…in my own
school, in my district, in my state, in my
profession, in my country…in our world. We have
the technology. We have the trailblazers. We
have living, breathing examples out there doing
it. I can easily do my part. All it takes is a little
Professional Generosity intention on the out-breath.”
–Donna Adams Román
TOOLS OF THE TRADE
• Photobooth (photos, video, greenscreening)
• FaceTime (videoconferencing, desktop sharing
• Garageband (recording, podcasting)
• iPod Touch, iPad - apps
• Still or video camera
• Web cam
• Chat client - Skype (free), Google Hangouts
• Digital recording device or web site that allows recording
• Collaborative workspace - Edmodo, Google Sites, Wikispaces
• Networks - Twitter, iEARN, ePals, TakingITGlobal, Global Ed ning
• Web 2.0 Tools - VoiceThread, Voki, Google Docs (Forms), Google
Maps & Earth etc.