2. Q. Write the Protocol and undertake
the 4-point bioassay experiment to
determine the concentration of
histamine in the given sample in an
in vitro tissue of your preference??
3. Ans. Concentrate on the key words in the
question which is underlined.
• Protocol: Means you have to write about the
principle, aim and objective, materials and method,
procedure, observation and result with inference.
• 4-point bioassay: Write down the principle of 4-
point bioassay, its study design and procedure.
• Histamine: The drug given in the experiment is
histamine, hence, as the rule in the experiment the
tissue selection will depend on the sensitivity of the
tissue which is most sensitive to histamine.
Therefore, your tissue of choice should be Guinea Pig
ileum. The response taken here is approx value (not
to scale; made for understanding purpose)
7. • Hence, the given solution is the “x” times
more potent than standard.