1. Presentation of Storybird
What is Storybird?
• Storybird is a site which can be used to tell stories in electronic form, the so-
called digital storytelling.
• Students combine text with artwork.
• It is a creative way to motivate students by using technology.
• It fosters students’ creativity and knowledge acquisition.
• Language is the mean to create the project.
• Students communicate thoughts and feelings through creative writing.
• It enhances students’ integration and collaboration.
• It is for both young learners and teenagers.
• It is fun!
Tips for preparation
• Become familiar with Storybird.
• Introduce Storybird to your students.
• Devote a lesson on how to use Storybird (e.g. how to choose artwork, drug and drop
pictures, write the story next to the picture e.t.c.)
• Devote another lesson on how to write a story ( e.g. characters, plot e.t.c.)
• Devote a lesson for Storybird presentation.
• Work in groups (of 3 or 4)
• Read the stories many times.
• Encourage your students in order to get the language production you expect from them.
(if you would like to evaluate the project you can give two grades: one for the story and one
for the presentation. If you wish, you can print the stories as a reward).
Thank you very much! I wish you happy new school year!