SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
•Logistics Industry, has proven to be a vital cog-wheel in the expansion of numerous
businesses in the recent years.
•The logistic companies have fast-tracked the business transactions of goods and
merchandise right from regional to international scale along with being accountable for
the same on behalf of the shippers (companies).
•Here we present some interesting facts about this rapidly expanding industry.
#1 History and Evolution
• The concept of logistics management was evolved during the Second World War
• The American military forces during the World War II ensured that all the food
and supplies reach at different places in a definite amount of time to the troops
and cantonment using different logistics concepts and principles still used but in
• The concept of 3PL (third party logistics) was developed and proposed in 1985, by
Ken Ackerman and Dean Wise.
#2 Single entity-Multiple roles
• For many, logistics' role is only about movement of goods from one place to
another but in reality there are several other roles that a logistic company
performs. It acts as an -
• Aggregator – It compares the prices and alternatives to suggests the most effective
and economic mode of transportation to their clients.
• Resolver – It also reduces the burden on the shippers to comply with and follow
all international laws and policies as logistic companies are specialised in dealing
with disputes related to customs and their experiences counts in such situations.
• Tracker – It remains accountable for the seamless transfer of goods by ensuring
through follow-ups at different stages about the status of the delivery.
#3 Present Scenario
• The global logistics industry has been growing at a healthy pace of 4-5% for last
few years with a contribution of about 10% of the global GDP which signifies the
important contribution of this industry.
• The total market share of the global logistics industries has crossed $4 trillion
mark, according to industry experts.
• In emerging economies like India and China, the industry growth is robust due to
buoyant demand for transportation of resource and capital goods, necessary for
#4 Logistics in India
• Logistics industry in India has bloomed
with an impressive rate of around 15%
which can be correlated with the
increase in the freight loading and
increased adoption of 3PL methods by
• The Indian market size for logistics is
estimated around $220 billion, such
that the expenditure on logistics out of
share of the total GDP is 13%, much
higher than the developed nations.
• The revival in growth, infrastructure
push and Make In India initiative will
further build momentum for the Indian
#5 Top Logistics Companies
Developed in 2002, in a short
span it has become India’s
leading cargo service
provider and early adopter of
GPS enabled vehicle tracking
This German subsidiary
company is world’s most
trusted logistics brand which
has a comprehensive network
across the world.
Started in 1907, this American
messenger company is
recognized for its smooth
tracking and return process.
Their focus along with
achieving profits is also about
practising sustainable and eco-
friendly measures like
transport through electric
#6 Future Prospects
• The bright spots for the global
logistic industries include-
• Revival of economic activities in the
emerging economies which can act
as potential market opportunities.
• Creation of special economic zones
(SEZs), dedicated freight corridors
in various countries which will
improve the efficiency in the supply
• However, some areas of concern in
the industry include
• Due to excess competition, price
awareness and higher accountability
measures in the industry, logistics is
turning out to be a high risk low
• The volatile and fragile international
goods exchange laws also affect and
limit the market and operation
opportunities for them.
• "Logistics Industry in India." Logistics Industry and Top Logistics Companies in India.
Business Maps Of India. Web. 21 Oct. 2015. <http://business.mapsofindia.com/india-
• "Logistics Set for Rapid Growth." Financial Express Website. Financial Express Web News
Platform, 15 Mar. 2015. Web. 21 Oct. 2015.
• Mitra, Subrata. "Logistics Industry: Global and Indian Perspectives." EBTC. Web. 21 Oct.
• Robinson, Adam. "History of Supply Chain and Logistics Management." Transportation
Management Company Cerasis. Cerasis.com, 31 July 2013. Web. 21 Oct. 2015.
• "Top 10 Logistics Companies in World 2015 | MBA Skool-Study.Learn.Share." MBA Skool-
Study.Learn.Share. Posted in Top Brand Lists. Web. 21 Oct. 2015.
Visit Our Website
Contact Us on TOLL FREE No: 1800-220-240
Email us: email@example.com