Testing microservices is challenging. Dividing a system into components naturally creates inter-service dependencies, and each service has its own performance and fault-tolerance characteristics that need to be validated during development, the QA process, and continually in production. Join Daniel Bryant to learn about the theory, techniques and practices needed to overcome this challenge.
– Introduction to the challenges of testing distributed microservice systems
– Learn tactics for isolating tests within a complex microservice ecosystem
– Whistle stop tour of consumer-driven contract testing and API simulation
– Implementing fault-injection testing to validate nonfunctional requirements in development and QA
– An introduction and discussion of the need for continually validating microservice systems running in production, both through observability and practices like chaos engineering