Roles and functions of educational technology in 21st
2. Education is no longer about listening to the teacher
talk and absorbing the information. Students will need
to be able to acquire new information.
They will not need to connect the new information
with the knowledge they already have and apply it to
solving the problem at hand.
They engage in many different types of hands-on
activities, as well as demonstrate learning in many
3. Students must learn how to collaborate with others.
Students should be encouraged to work together to
discover information, piece it together, and construct
Students should learn how to recognize the different
strengths and talents each person can bring to a
project, and change roles depending on those
4. Student-centered does not mean that the teacher gives
up all control of the classroom.
Teacher can make a point of helping students to
understand how the skills they are building can be
applied in their lives.
Students will be match more motivated to learn
something that they can see the value in.
5. Technology allows for 24/7 access to information
Constant social interaction, and
Easily created and shared digital content
7. Educational Technology analyzes the process of
It tries to find out the different variables of teaching,
their interlinks, effects upon each other, relationships,
theories of teaching, phases of teaching principles of
teaching etc. by developing the theories of teaching.
8. It tries to find out the different variables of teaching
their interlinks effects upon each other, relationship
etc. It is also concerned with various phases of
9. Educational Technology it facilitates more
and more of learning in less time.
It takes the help of various empirically
established generalizations from
psychology, sociology, physical sciences,
10. Being reviewed and revised with the passage time.
Helps in finding out the right objectives.
Helps in enhancing the right objectives in the light of
the changed circumstances and changed environment.
11. Right type of training to the teachers is the need of the
Educational Technology can render its valuable help in
the training of training of the teacher also.
12. Educational Technology can do this job of developing
a suitable curriculum appropriately.
Teaching-Learning environment, which has to be
modified and remodeled in the lights of latest
13. Teaching-learning materials are also as important
as anything else in the teaching-learning process.
They have to be in accordance with the
environment of the learners.
Educational Technology modify the behavior of
the learner suitably making him a fit person for the
14. A strategy plays an important role in the hands of a
teacher in every teaching-learning situation.
The strategy has to be the right one, which should
be according to the materials and is able to bring
about effective teaching learning.
The different strategies are being evolved by
15. Audio-Visual aids have always played an
important role in the teaching-learning
process. They need to be used according to
Educational Technology use in the present
type of teaching –learning environment.
16. Educational Technology helps in locating
the problems in different areas of education.
It also helps in remedying the draw-backs.
Evaluation of the teaching-learning process.
Educational Technology can revolutionize
the whole process of teaching learning.
17. Educational Technology identifies the needs of the
community. It helps in providing equal
educational opportunities to backward people,
disadvantaged students and deprived sections of
Educational Technology aims at identifying the
needs of the community from time to time.
Tries to improve the community in every possible