SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
The Group is an Indian Conglomerate Company with presence in infrastructure
sector, power system production and electronics products manufacturing.
Company felt the need for leveraging a new finance operating model with SSC
providing transaction processing services to group entities with the below
• Automate a number of their mission-critical financial systems processes.
• Standard, consistent process to manage the approval procedure to ensure
control and accuracy of information.
• Increase Customer Satisfaction by focusing on business partnering and
• Build Scalable finance organization to support business growth.
Business Challenge: Productivity Bottlenecks and
Finance functions at most group entities were heavily skewed towards
transaction processing due to duplication of efforts, legacy systems and error
• Time Consuming and Manually Intensive
- F&A process was very labor intensive as the accounting department had
to manually track invoices, enter data, and send the invoices to the
appropriate supervisors for approval.
• Error and Delayed Payment Prone
- The manual process was error prone and accounting staff spent time
tracking down errant invoices and performing non-core tasks, rather
than accounting functions.
• Lack of Visibility and Control
- Lack of ability to identify trends such as cycle time and ability to see what
financial obligations were open and where the responsibility laid.
• Scan the invoices and upload in the system
• Index the invoices
• Verification by AP SSC executive
• Initiate and execute workflow for approval of the invoices using
• Dispute resolution steps for rejected invoices
• Batch mode integration with SAP and RAMCO
• Record FA scrap transaction
• Maintain documentation of FA sale
• Ability to upload SOP
• Verification by AR SSC executive
• Dispute resolution by issue resolution team
• Generation of reports
• User and role specific task board
• Administration features to maintain master data
• User authentication through Active Directory
• Audit log of all activities performed
• Email notifications
Automation of Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets Disposal and Accounts Receivable processes in order to streamline the activities, improve
control and prevent loss of information. The automation is across all the group entities and the automated system should be able to interact with
the underlying ERP systems . The overall functionality implemented in these automated processes are following:
Automate processes through an overlay of Workflow and Document Management Solution
Software License Type Description Version
Apache Open Source Webserver 2.2
Java Open Source Software Development Kit 1.7
Liferay Open Source Portal Server 6.1
MySQL Open Source Database 5.6
Camunda BPM Open Source BPM workflow engine 7.1
JBoss Open Source Java Application Server 7.1
Alfresco Open Source Document Management System 4.2
Quartz & Spring
Batch Open Source Java-based job-scheduling API 2.2
Jasper Reports Open Source Java-based Reporting Engine 5.1
MongoDB Open Source No-SQL Database 2.2
Open LDAP Open Source LDAP Server 2.4
Maven Open Source Build Tool for BPM Artifacts
Amara Raja Group • F&A SSC: Technology Landscape and AMS considerations
Camunda Chosen As BPM and Workflow Platform
In applying Camunda BPM to this process, PwC sought a technology platform
that would provide simple power by combining extreme ease of use with
• Open source BPM-engine
• Processes are BPMN 2.0
- standard for modeling(executable) processes
• Integrated suite of components including process design, rules, forms,
reporting, identity management and collaboration.
• Lightweight, embeddable, testable and extensible.
Process Participant Technical/Business
Monitoring & Operations
Key Enablers :
Camunda Modeler is a BPMN 2.0 modeling plugin for the Eclipse IDE
Key Enablers :
• Aggregates the state of all instances of a process definition and visualizes it on the process diagram
• Displays how many instances are currently waiting in each task / activity.
• Inspect/repair process instances, including retrying failed service calls.
• Create instance variables at runtime, and update variable values.
• Reassign human activities.
• To reduce the end-to-end cycle-time of core business
processes and optimize cost of operations
• To establish automated rule-based controls and
workflows for improving employee productivity
• To enable a holistic view of the business processes to the
stakeholders across rank and departments – provisioning
engineers, field engineers, leadership and management
across order management, service provisioning, service
assurance and invoice processes
• To develop an agile process management framework for
quick turn-around of new services and products to be
offered to customers
• To monitor performance of business processes real-time
and identify bottlenecks
Approach & Methodology in action
Capture AS-IS process
Model TO-BE process
focusing on the
Model Execute Measure
Define data and
Identify and develop
BPM inherently offers
Quick Go-to-market through
enabling short model-to-execute cycle
Enable holistic view of Process
Reducing cycle-time and Improving
productivity through proper analysis and
modeling of the business processes
Monitor performance through KPI Dashboards
... and the framework for
Camunda In Action- Credit/Debit Note Process
• Automatic routing to supervisors for approval.
• Round Robin allocation of tasks.
• Drools Rule Engine for LOA based routing decisions.
• Flexibility for approvers to seek clarification from any prior approver on that CN/DN and task
returning to the same person once clarification is provided.
• Email notifications related to assignment, approval/clarification at each process step.
• Task audit trail.
Camunda In Action- Receipting Process
• Automated SOP Validation on a granular level.
• Automated exception handling for incomplete or incorrect SOPs.
• SOP Task Routing based on Validation result.
• Sub-Process to process the task on a granular level and minimize the error.
Camunda In Action- Reporting Metrics
• Custom plugin for creating dashboard.
• Displays the number of process instances per deployed process definition on the dashboard page of
cockpit based on their state- Failed, Running and Ended.
• Displays the instances sum per process definition.
• 75% increase in employee productivity. Fewer errors and reduced
• Automatic validation of Receipting SOPs
• Automation and Streamlining of end-to-end Accounting Process.
• Automatic routing to supervisors for approval.
• Business Logic written in Drools spreadsheets for business logic
segregation and faster deployments.
• Escalation of Invoices which crossed due date.
• Manage process in real time via, automatic work allocation,
reminders, notifications and escalations to improve visibility of the
• 100% liability tracking and process transparency.
• Existing investments in core systems have been protected by
gradually integrating with underlying services
• Monitor process KPIs in real time via dashboards to improve
visibility and insight on business performance
• Ability to analyze data to make critical financial decisions.
Other Key Benefits achieved
• Flexibility to model and execute processes which include both human and
automated tasks in a workflow
• Improve Workflow Transparency, Collaboration and Quality
• Eliminate/reduce routine low value added work using automation
• Improve Exception Management
• Monitor and Manage Process in real time via dashboards, automatic work
allocation, reminders, notifications and escalations to improve insight on
• Enable Continuous Process Improvement and Future proof IT investment by
using industry standard process modelling using BPMN standard
• Protect existing investments in core systems by integrating with underlying