SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
Branch Values represent the
core elements of the Branch culture.
It's your responsibility to make sure you live
up to them.
In return, you can expect the same from
your peers, leaders, and everyone at
1. Partners first
2. Ownership over our work and the company
5. Results-focused execution
6. Urgency and fast iteration
7. Data-driven decisions
8. Humility and selflessness
1. PARTNERS FIRST
If our app partners succeed, Branch succeeds.
We started as mobile developers and we know how hard it is to build and
grow an app, and every day when we talk to our partners we feel the struggle
they face to make it big in mobile.
Put yourself in their shoes.
Branch should only make things better for our partners.
We give our employees equity because we are building this company together.
When you think about Branch, think about it as your company.
Branch succeeds. You succeed.
Feel and show ownership for everything from the projects you manage, to the
space we live in, to the problems that the company will face.
● Critical app went cold? Find a new lead.
● Typo on the website? Or on the blog? Fix it.
Good teams don’t keep secrets.
We practice a culture of transparency in all aspects:
● Give people honest feedback when you think they can do better.
● CC an open group to all your emails.
● Public channels in Slack instead of 1:1 communication.
● Admit your mistakes and failures, sharing them so others can learn.
● Be transparent with our partners and our community about our vision, mission,
but also the mistakes we have made as a team.
Initiative is seeking out problems to solve, instead of waiting for problems to
come to you.
● Take the time to think about how you can improve Branch.
● Fix and improve things around you without being told to do so.
● Take risk and seek success, but also embrace failure.
● We can remain a startup and not need excessive process and management.
5. RESULTS-FOCUSED EXECUTION
Branch has dominated the market so far because we focus on results.
● Perfect is the enemy of good enough.
● Listen to one another and make a decision based on logic, not emotion.
● Build an MVP as quickly as possible and be pragmatic about the results.
● No amount of planning can ever compare to empirical evidence. No one ever built
a company on top of a great spec.
● Don’t be afraid to cut your losses.
We have been given an opportunity to build a once-in-a-lifetime company
from scratch. We’re building on a constantly shifting foundation
(iOS/Android) in the fastest moving industry on the planet.
● We have to stay one step ahead.
● The competition is fierce from big and small companies.
● We watch the changes in the market and react fast.
● Analogy of being trapped in an elevator with O2 running out.
● Run. Don’t walk.
6. URGENCY AND FAST ITERATION
7. DATA-DRIVEN DECISIONS
Count of Support Requests by Root Cause
7. DATA-DRIVEN DECISIONS
Data-driven decisions means that you make informed decisions based on
enough relevant data, not gut feeling.
● Define how you’re going to measure success or failure up front before
starting a new project.
● Hold up progress to gather more data before making a decision.
● Incorporate all available evidence and make a logical decision based on
context, which could be that you need to gather more data.
● Don’t let personal pride or emotions influence decisions.
8. HUMILITY AND SELFLESSNESS
We are a group of people who are intensely proud of our accomplishments, but
we celebrate internally. The success that Branch has is the culmination of the
right time, right place, right people and right product. It’s not a single person.
● Everyone has a voice and can make a meaningful impact.
● Seniority or title is meaningless when it comes to impact.
● We listen to each other, because we know that the person sitting across from us
might have a better idea than our own.
● We are just a bunch of regular people who were thrown into extraordinary
● We don’t tolerate jerks.
To learn more about Branch:
● Twitter: @BranchMetrics