SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
Invented and manufactured
T SAMPATH KUMAR
Kadambari Consultants Pvt Ltd
• 'NUALGI' is a patented nano technology plant
nutrient that promotes photosynthesis and thus speed
up the growth of any plant.
• Its can be used to increase growth of diatoms algae in
seawater, high saline water, fresh water, polluted
water, sewage water, etc.
• The growth of diatoms is very fast - starting within 5
minutes and continues as long as the nutrient lasts
i.e., about 1 week or 10 days.
Various types of Algae
• Blue Green Algae, Green Algae, Dinoflagellets and
Diatom Algae are major groups of algae.
• Diatoms have silica bodies and are consumed by
Zooplankton and these by fish.
• Blue Green Algae, Green Algae, etc., have cellulose cell
walls and are not consumed by zooplankton or by many
fish, hence they accumulate in water and decompose.
This makes them a nuisance.
• Diatoms do not accumulate since they are consumed by
• Are small algae less than 1 mm in size.
• Among several species of algae, diatoms as a species
are responsible for more than 50 % of the world's food
produced in the oceans.
• The growing diatom algae absorb nutrients and carbon
dioxide and produces oxygen by photosynthesis.
• The oxygen released during photosynthesis helps
aerobic bacteria in breaking down the organics and
converting the pollutants to base constituents.
NUALGI – Diatom Algae
• Nualgi is specifically made to be available to be consumed by
• On land the micronutrients required are available and plants pick
up the required nutrients from the soil.
• In water, the micro nutrients are not soluble and hence they
• Nualgi contains Silica, Iron, Manganese, Zinc and other metals
• 1 kg of Nualgi used in natural lakes or sewage treatment plants
results in a bloom of Diatoms and these absorb about 137.5 kg of
Carbon dioxide and release at least 100 kgs of Oxygen.
• 1 kg of Nualgi treats 1 acre of lake for a period of 1 week – about 4
GREEN & BLUE GREEN ALGAE
• In rivers / streams / lakes where sewage is dumped
untreated the proliferation of green and blue green
algae is seen.
• The water will be dark green or blackish in color and
the usual foul smell of H2S is present.
• The algae periodically dies off causing algal crash and
in the process it removes dissolved oxygen from the
water causing mass Fish kill.
The process can be represented by the following
Sunlight (Free) + CO2 (Free) + (Water (Free) +
Nitrogen (Free) + Phosphorus (Free)) +
Nualgi= Fish / Fuel + Clean Water
The value of fish is always more than the cost of
Biodiesel from diatoms is possible but may take a
few years to develop since technologies for
harvesting, processing, etc., are yet to be
Schematic diagram of
the process triggered
oxygen to Aerobic
organic matter and
these are consumed
by the Diatoms and
these by zooplankton
and these by fish.
Extract from Ashok Leyland Ltd
CSR Report 2005 – 06
• “During the heavy downpours in end-2005, the ponds filled up and
overflowed. After the rains, the living organisms in the ponds,
including the fish, were found to be dying in large numbers.
Extensive analysis of the reasons was carried out in coordination with
a few Governmental agencies. The root cause was found to be an
increase in the ‘Biological Oxygen’ demand due to sudden changes in
atmospheric conditions accompanying the downpours - a serious
threat to the living organisms in the water.
As a solution, a chemical called Nualgi was used to increase the
Oxygen content in the water and the problem was solved.”
for Sewage Treatment Plants
• Electric Powered Aerators are used in STPs to increase
Dissolved Oxygen level.
• If Nualgi is used, oxygen from Diatoms will provide the
oxygen required by Aerobic Bacteria.
• Video of oxygen bubbling up in a lake is available at
• Nualgi has been tested in Yelahanka Sewage Treatment
Plant in Bangalore.
• The rotten egg smell of H2S that’s present in any STP will
stop within hours of use of Nualgi. Its to be added in the
first point in the plant and will work through out the plant,
in all the tanks.
Oxygen - Diatom Algae vs Electric Aerators
Diatoms are more economical and do not require any capital expenditure or
Trees and Diatom Algae
• Growing Diatom Algae
is similar to planting
trees - but in WATER
– they too absorb
release oxygen and
thus clean sewage
prevent fish kills and
red tides in oceans.
Mississippi and Gulf of Mexico
Mississippi ‘Dead Zone’
• Low oxygen water has
spread across nearly • oxygen concentration
5,800 square miles of the (red and orange very low)
Gulf of Mexico
• Nutrient – Nitrogen and
Phosphorus input the
• Nualgi can be used in
Mississippi River and Gulf
of Mexico to increase
Diatom growth in the
river and thereby reduce
the nutrient level and
increase oxygen level
1 kg pack for Aqua-farms, Sewage treatment, Lake
remediation, Algae for Biodiesel,
200 ml bottle for Aquariums and
100 gram foliar spray pack for Agriculture and Horticulture.
M V Bhaskar
Kadambari Consultants Pvt Ltd
91 92465 08213