1. [INC 281 MULTIDISCIPLINARY WORKSHOP WEEKLY REPORT] February 15, 2012
Name-Surname Nattapon Kumpaing
Student ID. 53211811
Group Name Bork-Korn=thai
Product Design P’Friend
Team Members P’Ake
Components of an electric rice cooker
1. Heating Component that's called heat plate used in electric rice cooker.It's made from a Nichrome Wire.There are two
types of heat plate in rice cooker.
1.1 Semi Closing Heating Element - used in old generation of rice cooker.At present,this type is not popular but still used as
rice warm plate.
1.2 Closing Heating Element - used in new generation of rice cooker. This type is made from a Nichrome Wire shaped like a
fastener covered by a "Insulator Powder" and have 2 connectors.
2.Thermostat or temperature controller in magnetic type.It was built at the bottom of the outside pot. It controls a temperature
of rice cooking for not too much hot.
3.The working of electric rice cooker - when pressing a switch,the lever will press the spring up then the magnetic bar under
the spring will pull the ferrite rod above of the spring down make contacts touch together. The electricity flow into the heat
plate and make the heat and then transfer the heat to the inner pot. And when the temperature goes too high,the magnet will
loses there magnetizing then making open circuit.
Figure 1. Thermostat Figure 2. Components of an electric rice cooker
- Its technology is not too complicated.
- The making of open circuit is not accurate.
Next Week Job
- I will learn Components of an electronics rice cooker.
Department of Control System and Instrumentation Engineering
KING MONGKUT’s UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY THONBURI