SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
• Why are you sitting here?
• Why Arurvedya being the ancient medical science still at the
• Being the second largest populated state, we still stand
nowhere in the terms of economy!
MAKE IN INDIA
• International marketing
• Coined By Prime Minister of
India, Narendra Modi
• It was formally launched on
September 25, 2014
• Make India a Manufacturing Hub
• Generating Employment
• Eliminating the unnecessary laws and regulations
• Time-bound project clearances through a single online portal
• Electrical Machinery
• Electronic Systems
• Food Processing
• IT and BPM
• Media and
• Oil and Gas
• Renewable Energy
• Roads and Highways
• Textile Garments
• Thermal Power
• Tourism and
India’s space programme stands out as one of the most cost-effective in the world.
Reason to Invest
India’s space program has launched 40 satellites for 19 countries. With ISRO
undertaking the development of technologies & interplanetary exploratory
mission, there is a scope in contribution to realization of operational mission and
• The Indian Space Research Organization
• Space Commerce
• FDI up to 74% is allowed in satellites- establishment and operation, subject to the
sectoral guidelines of the Department of Space/ISRO, under the government route.
• Satellite Communication Policy
Reason to Invest
Government is targeting a capacity of 88.5 GW during 2012-17 &
86.4GW during 2017-22.
• Expansion in industrial activity to boost demand for electricity.
• A growing population is likely to boost demand for energy.
• Increasing market penetration and per-capita usage will provide further impetus to the
• Large capacity additions (174.9 GW) are targeted upto 2022.
• 100% FDI is allowed under the automatic route in the power sector, subject to all the
applicable regulations and laws.
• Electricity Act 2003
• National Tariff Policy 2006
2nd largest exporter of Ayurvedic and alternative medicine in the world.
Reason to Invest
• Indian system of medicine & homoeopathy are widely recognised for their
holistic approach to health & capability for meeting health challenges.
• The sector is growing at 20% from year to year.
• Department of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy
• Central Sector Scheme for promotion of International Cooperation
• 100% FDI is permitted in the AYUSH sector.
• The National Rural Health Mission
• National Policy on Indian Systems of Medicine & Homoeopathy – 2002.
MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
3rd largest TV market in the world.
800 TV channels.
Reason to Invest
• India has a large broadcasting & distribution sector, comprising 800 TV channels,
6000 multi-system operator, 7 DTH operator.
• Total market size of Indian entertainment industry growing by 11.8% over 2012.
• Television and AGV
• Broadcasting Carriage Services
• Broadcasting Content Services
• The Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Amendment Act
• 2.15 million vehicles produced by 2013-2014
Reason to invest
• 7% of the country’s GDP by volume
• By 2015, India is expected to be the fourth largest automotive market by
volume in the world.
• Two-wheelers and three-wheelers are projected to expand at a CAGR of
9% between 2013-20.
• Automatic approval for foreign equity investment up to 100% with no
minimum investment criteria.
Reason to invest
• 4th largest steel producer in the world
• 2nd largest steel producer by 2015
• Geographically closer to key automotive markets like the ASEAN, Japan,
Korea & Europe
• Increased investments in R&D operations and laboratories, conduct activities
such as analysis, simulation and engineering animations.
• Automatic approval for 100% foreign equity investment in auto components
• Establishment of automotive training institutes and auto design Centre's,
special auto parks and virtual SEZs for auto components.
OIL & GAS
Reason to invest
• 4th largest consumer of crude oil and petroleum products in the world.
• 2nd largest refiner in Asia.
• New Exploration Licensing Policy and the Coal Bed Methane Policy have
been put in place to encourage investments
• Oil imports constitute over 80% of India’s total domestic oil
consumptions of May, 2014.
• The government has decided to set up strategic storage of 5.03 MMT of
crude oil at 3 locations – Visakhapatnam, Mangalore and Padur.
• The Policy on Shale Gas & Oil, 2013 allows companies to apply for shale
gas and oil rights in their petroleum exploration licenses and petroleum
IT & BPM
USD 118 Billion –expected 2014 revenues.
Reason to invest
• The IT-BPM sector constitutes 8.1% of the country’s GDP and
contributes significantly to public welfare.
• The sector includes 600 offshore development centres (ODCs) of 78
• National Policy on Information Technology 2012 aims to increase
revenues of IT and BPM industry to USD 300 Billion by 2020 and
expand exports to USD 200 Billion by 2020.
• Allocation of INR 5 Billion for launching a pan-India programme –
Digital India and a national rural internet and technology mission for
services in villages and schools, training in IT skills and E-Kranti for
government service delivery and governance scheme.
The project is featured in KPMG’s ‘100 Most Innovative Global
Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) and it utilize the 1,483
km-long, high-capacity western Dedicated Railway Freight
Corridor (DFC) as the backbone.
Twenty four manufacturing cities are envisaged in the perspective
plan of the DMIC project
In the first phase, seven cities are being developed.
Two in Maharashtra.
The Phase I is initially is to be completed by 2019.
DMIC states (Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh,
Gujarat & Maharashtra) contribute 43% to the country’s GDP.
DRIVERS OF THE PROJECT
Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development
JBIC - 26%
LIC -1 %
Metals and metallurgical products
Pharmaceuticals and Biotech
OTHER FOUR CORRIDORS
Bengaluru-Mumbai Economic Corridor (BMEC)
Amritsar – Kolkata Industrial Development Corridor (AKIC)
Chennai-Bengaluru Industrial Corridor (CBIC)
Chennai Vizag Industrial Corridor as the first phase of the
as a East Coast Economic Corridor (ECEC)
DMIC IMPACT IN INDIA
The DMIC project seeks to create a strong economic base .
New DMIC Cities will help to meet pressures of urbanization.
The project aspires to double employment potential, triple
industrial output and quadruple exports in the next seven to nine
THE VALUE CHAIN
Public Private Partnership
The Indian Government has brought about various changes in its
standing policies to encourage the MAKE IN INDIA program.
These changes are in form of New Initiatives, increased FDI, improved
IPR apparatus and a robust infrastructure for Manufacturing.
• Process of applying for Industrial License & Industrial Entrepreneur
Memorandum made online on 24×7 basis through eBiz portal.
• Validity of Industrial license extended to three years.
• Major components of Defence products’ list excluded from industrial
• Dual use items having military as well as civilian applications deregulated.
• Services of all Central Govt. Departments & Ministries will be integrated
with the eBiz – a single window IT platform for services by 31 Dec. 2014.
• Process of obtaining environmental clearances made online.
• All returns should be filed on-line through a unified form.
• A check-list of required compliances should be placed on
Ministry’s/Department’s web portal.
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT
• 100% FDI allowed in the telecom sector.
• 100% FDI in single-brand retail.
• FDI in commodity exchanges, stock exchanges & depositories, power
exchanges, petroleum refining by PSUs, courier services under the
government route has now been brought under the automatic route.
• Removal of restriction in tea plantation sector.
• FDI limit raised to 74% in credit information & 100% in asset
• FDI limit of 26% in defence sector raised to 49% under Government
approval route. Foreign Portfolio Investment up to 24% permitted under
automatic route. FDI beyond 49% is also allowed on a case to case basis
with the approval of Cabinet Committee on Security.
• Construction, operation and maintenance of specified activities of
Railway sector opened to 100% foreign direct investment under automatic
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY FACTS
SIMPLIFIED PROCEDURE FOR FILING OF NATIONAL PHASE APPLICATIONS :
• E-filing facilities :
• For filing an application for patent or any document in the Patent Office,
comprehensive e-filing service is available at the official website with a facility for
making e-payment and there is no need to personally visit the office.
• Incentive for online filing:
• Indian Patent office offers 10% reduction in fees for online filing of all forms and
documents relating to patents, at all stages of processing of an application right
from the stage of filing to grant of patent and post-grant processes.
• Concession for small entities :
• Applicants belonging to the category of micro, small and medium enterprises
(SMEs) are required to pay only 50% of the fee payable by other legal entities
namely companies etc. The objective is to encourage the MSMEs to protect their
knowledge assets. This facility can be availed equally by foreign applicants.
• NATIONAL INVESTMENT & MANUFACTURING ZONES
• SIMPLIFICATION OF REGULATORY ENVIRONMENTS
• THE ACQUISITION OF TECHNOLOGY & DEVELOPMENT