6. • OBJECTIVES: 1.We will be able to describe a
person’s job by using the following relative clauses
(connectors) who & that.
• A teacher is a person who teaches.
• A zoo keeper is a person who feeds and takes
care of animals at a zoo.
• A nurse is a person that helps patients at a
• A surgeon is a person that operates people.
8. •SPLIT THE CLASS INTO
COUPLES OR GROUPS OF 4
STUDENTS DEPENDING ON
HOW BIG THE CLASS IS
Do you like your current job?
2) At what age do people usually begin to work in Colombia?
3) Do you go to job agencies when you need a job?
4) What are the most difficult jobs in the world?
5) Is being a housewife a job?
6) Would you prefer to work in the morning or in the evening?
8) Does everyone have equal job opportunities in Colombia?
1) What kind of jobs that require a part-time or a full-time?
2) Are there many good job opportunities in your country?
3) What is your dream job?
4) What jobs can you do at home?
5) Are there jobs that are only for women or only for men?
6) How many jobs do you think you’ll have in your life?
7) Are there any jobs you would refuse to do, regardless of the pay?
8) Is being a rock star or sports star a job?
9) What do you think the job of being an English teacher is like?
10) Who has the best job in the world? Why do you think so?
• HOW DO YOU PREPARE FOR A JOB INTERVIEW?
• WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD A JOB INTERVIEW
• DID YOU DO GOOD DURING THE INTERVIEW?
• WHAT QUESTIONS DID THEY ASK YOU?
• NOW WE’RE GOING TO DO A ROLE PLAY ABOUT A JOB
11. • TIPS ON HOW TO SUCCEED ON A JOB
1. Do some research about the company before you go.
(What they do, the products they sell, their history on the market)
3. Make sure to look good good, be well dressed for the interview
4. Smile and always be positive, be confident and give a firm
5. When you’re introducing yourself, highlight your skills for
example: tell them that you type fast on the computer, that you
speak other languages, that you have a college or university degree.
6. Make sure to be yourself and speak with confidence, look people
in the eyes while you talk and of course say as many good things
about yourself as possible, avoid hesitation devices like Huh eh
7. Make sure to mention your work experience in other companies.