SECOND PERIODICAL TEST
NAME: ______________________________ DATE: _______________
GRADE/SECTION: ____________________ TEACHER: ______________________
I. A. Listen carefully as the teacher reads the story. Answer the question below.
1. Who walked alone in the forest?
a. Donald b. Forest c. Guava d. Fruits
2. What did he see in the forest?
a. Guava Tree b. Narra Tree c. Mango Tree d. Talisay Tree
3. What did he hear in the forest?
a. Voice b. Song c. Noise d. thunder
4. Where did he hear the voice?
a. Forest b. High tree c. river d. Animals
B. Read the paragraphs carefully and choose the main idea.
Write the letter of the correct answer.
5. Ducks and chickens give us eggs. Cows and carabaos give us milk. Cows, pigs and chicken give us meat.
What is the paragraph about?
a. Animals b. Plants c. Insects d. Houses
6. Fire gives us heat. It give us light, too. It is used to cook our food. It keeps us warm during cold days.
The paragraph is about?
a. Food b. Light c. Fire d. Heat
7. A grasshopper is an insect. It has six legs. It has wings, but cannot fly. It can only hop and jump.
What is the main idea of the paragraph?
a. Firefly b. Butterfly c. Bees d. Grasshopper
8. The train takes people to far places. It runs on the railroad track. The train whistle tells people that is
coming. The paragraph is about?
a. Truck b. Cars c. Trains d. Bicycle
II. A. Write the plural form of the following nouns
9. tomato 11. baby
10. bolo 12. day
B. Fill in the blanks with the correct pronoun. Choose from the box.
yours her our his hers
14. These toys belong to him. It is ___________.
15. That hat belongs to you. It is ____________.
16. That is our brand new car. It is ___________.
17. Annie has a window garden. _________ father helped her make it.
C. Select the correct form of verb inside the parenthesis.
18. He (keep, keeps) the canal clean.
19. Engineers (build, builds) roads and bridges.
20. Animals (make, makes) different sounds.
21. The girl (play, plays) paper dolls.
III. A. Here are groups of words in a box. Give the proper heading for each group. Select from the box below.
22. 23. 24.
apples doll ampalaya
guavas cart malunggay
lansones walkie-talkie pechay
grapes airplane eggplant
TOYS FRUITS VEGETABLES
B. Read the story carefully. Be able to use the story in correct sequence. Write the letters A to D for the first to
the last event.
25. _________She fixes her bed and pajamas.
26. _________She wears her uniform ready for school.
27. _________Nilda wakes up at 6:00 o’clock.
28. _________She eats her breakfast, takes a bath and brushes her teeth.
C. Fill in the blanks with the correct time expressions.
Choose your answer from the words below.
29. Nena goes to school ________________.
30. We go swimming in the beach ____________________.
31. My sister eats her lunch __________________.
32. I eat breakfast __________________.
33. My mother goes to the market ___________________.
every night every day every summer
every afternoon every morning every Sunday
IV. Write the following paragraph correctly. Observe correct punctuation marks, indention, margins and
capitalization. (7 points)
jose rizal is the national hero of the Philippines. he was born on June 19, 1861 in calamba,
laguna. His mother taught him the alphabet when he was three years old. Rizal learned fast
because he was very intelligent.
Offenbar haben Sie einen Ad-Blocker installiert. Wenn Sie SlideShare auf die Whitelist für Ihren Werbeblocker setzen, helfen Sie unserer Gemeinschaft von Inhaltserstellern.
Sie hassen Werbung?
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert, um den neuen globalen Regeln zum Thema Datenschutzbestimmungen gerecht zu werden und dir einen Einblick in die begrenzten Möglichkeiten zu geben, wie wir deine Daten nutzen.
Die Einzelheiten findest du unten. Indem du sie akzeptierst, erklärst du dich mit den aktualisierten Datenschutzbestimmungen einverstanden.