5. The formula of P.P.T. is this : Have ______________ Has Past participle + They have been to N.Y. She has eaten frog´s leg. You haven’t studied a lot.
12. Indefinite Time I have been to New York. ( When ?? ) She has eaten frog´s leg. ( When ?? )
15. SINCE FOR I have studied here since 1.999. I have studied here for 5 years.
16. PRESENT PERFECT + for, since Using the present perfect, we can define a period of time before now by considering its starting point , with since + a point in time . Since + a point in time: since this morning, since last week, since yesterday, since I was a child, since Wednesday, since 2 o'clock .
19. Using the present perfect, we can define a period of time before now by considering its duration, with for + a period of time. For + a period of time: for six years, for a week, for a month , for hours, for two hours .
25. JUST I have just finished my exercise. He has just had lunch.
27. This / Today They are used to identify a time that began in the past and hasn’t finished yet.
28. I have watched “ Harry Potter ” this year. She has seen Tony this weekend. I have been to school today . Today she has studied a lot.
29. I went to school this morning. I have gone to school this morning. Which one is correct? ?
30. BOTH are correct !! I went to school this morning. ( now is more than midday, the morning has already finished !!) I have gone to school this morning. ( now is still morning, it hasn’t finished yet !!)
31. J ust E ver A lready N ever S ince F or Y et Pay attention to these words :
32. YET Have you taken a shower yet ? No, I haven’t taken it yet . INTERROGATIVE YET NEGATIVE
34. ALREADY I have already taken a shower. AFFIRMATIVE ALREADY INTERROGATIVE
39. Have you already eaten lobster? No, I haven’t eaten it yet . Have you eaten shrimp yet ? Yes, I have already eaten it. MD
93. Write down the sentences. Use present perfect. Example: Snoopy / climb / onto his house. Snoopy has climbed onto his house. 1 Brian / play / football 2 Susan / read / her new book 3 I / find / some money in the street 4 Mr and Mrs Baker / have / an accident
94. 5 Tom Davis / win / the volleyball match 6 Alison Brown / lose / the swimming match 7 Mr Martin / make / breakfast for the boys 8 The girls / bring / some wood for the fire 9 The Snows / buy / a van for their holidays 10 Mrs Black / wash / the dishes
95. 11 The dog / eat / bone. 12 Fred / write / a letter. 13 The singer / sing / a song. 14 My friend and I/ meet/ the famous actor. 15 Titanic / sink / in the ocean. 16 The teachers / teach / the lesson. 17 The players / play / recently. 18 The cat / scratch / the sofa. MD
97. 1. I ______________a great film yesterday. (see) 2. ________________a new car? (you ever buy) 3. Sue ______________the flu last winter. (have) 4. A few days ago we ______to his uncle. (drive) 5. They ____ bingo Wednesday afternoon. (play) 6. _________the bus to get there. (already take) 7. Last week my rabbit ___________away. (run)
98. 8. We ________________a lot last Sunday. (do) 9. ___________________to India? (she ever be) 10. I _______________him last Monday. (meet) 11. She __________________yet. (not wake up) 12. I _______her since last Thursday. (not meet) 13. Bob _______________well last night. (sleep) 14. I _____a letter from her two days ago. (get) 15. They ________ in Germany. (already arrive)
100. 1 I haven't been to Italy____________ 10 years. 2 She has lived in Paris _____________January. 3 Jim has studied__________ three hours. Now he is tired. 4 My friend has been ill __________a long time. 5 I haven't seen him____________ Easter. 6 He hasn't had a holiday __________last summer.
101. 7 The pilots have been on strike___ two months. 8 We've had terrible weather ________Saturday. 9 I've known Tom __________1990. 10 He hasn't done any work _________a month. 11 We have had this car _________1998. 12 We have been here __________ two hours.
102. 13 She hasn't written _________Christmas. 14 Carol hasn't eaten meat ___________ages. 15 We worked in his office _______three years. 16__________ how long have they lived here? 17 Nobody has seen him _________ last Friday. 18 It has been foggy ___________ some days.