KNS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Project Phase –I Presentation
Department of Mechanical Engineering
BATCH MEMBERS USN
•MOHAMMED MUJASSIM 1KN19ME010
•SYED HARIS MAQDOOM 1KN19ME018
•SYED MOHIUDDIN 1KN19ME019
•ABDULLA SIDDIQUE 1KN18ME041
Department Of Mechanical Engg.
2. Literature Survey
3. Objective of the proposed work
5. Design Steps
9. Expected outcome of the model
• Firefighting is a crucial task which is faced by the fire men.
• They put out fire by approaching the location and resulting life threatening exposures.
• To reduce the risk of human safety (especially firemen) robotics can be applied.
• In this presentation we are introducing a firefighter robot which will works similar to a fire
man, hence creating a major role in the field of safety.
• It can be used to increase the effectiveness of fire fighting and reduces various difficulties.
• Akhil. M.S and Muthukumaran. N, 'Design of Optimizing Adders for Low Power Digital Signal
Processing', International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 5, pp. 59-65, March
• Muthukumaran. N and Ravi. R, 'Quad Tree Decomposition based Analysis of Compressed Image Data
Communication for Lossy and Lossless using WSN', World Academy of Science, Engineering and
Technology, Volume. 8, No. 9, pp. 1543-1549, 2014.
• Marvin Mark. M and Muthukumaran. N, 'An Advanced Homogeneous Pattern for Mobile Ad Hoc
Network', International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Management Studies,
Vol. 2, Issue 4, pp. 6-8, April 2014.
• Miss. Kena Patel 2017 “Survey on Implementation Methods of Fire Fighting Robot”.
• Tawfiqur Rakib 2016”Design and Fabrication of an Autonomous Fire Fighting Robot with Multisensor
Fire Detection Using PID Controller”.
• Taking reference from the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) statistics for 2015, The
Managing Trustee and President of Beyond Carlton, said five States — Maharashtra, Uttar
Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh — accounted for over 60% of deaths due to
• In Karnataka, 1,244 people had died in fires in 2015, 781 of them women. Nationally too,
NCRB data for 2015 showed that 17,500 Indians died in fire accidents in a single year. As many
as 7,445 Indians died in their residences.
• In Karnataka, 1,244 people had died in fires in 2015, 781 of them women.
• Nationally too, NCRB data for 2015 showed that 17,500 Indians died in fire accidents in a
single year. As many as 7,445 Indians died in their residences.
• A firefighter of age 31, died after portion of building collapses on him due to lack of advancement
in the technology of fire safety department.
• Analyzing these incidents and harms to humanity, we intend to bring improvements in the
technology of fire fighting systems through our project of the prototype of a fire fighter robot.
• As technology in the fire service can improve fire fighter safety and readiness.
• Robotic firefighting systems are designed with certain tasks in mind. These include analyzing and
locating fires, conducting search and rescue, monitoring hazardous variables and the primary task
of fire control and suppression.
• The goal of this competition is to advance the capabilities of robotic fire fighter robots in
particular, the application of fire fighter robots to the suppression of warehouse fires. Sprinkler
systems are effective and reliable.
• This Robot can extinguish different types of fire A, B, C, D, K, electric and metal fire without
spreading in the shortest time.
RF Tx Rx
Motor Driver IC
Voltage Regulator IC
Cables and Connectors
PCB and Breadboards
Switch & Push Buttons
Night Vision Camera
• Designing a circuit for connecting all the electronic components to the PCB board.
• Connection of components to the 8051 microcontroller.
• RF sensors are used in the system for remote controlling purpose.
• The complete electronic system is mounted on the robotic chassis.
• Pump is connected to the water tank which will be fixed behind the chassis to maintain
• The fire fighting robot is capable of providing forward and backward, left and right side
motions when the operator presses the key via a RF communication system. Its movement is
also connected by remote control.
• Wireless camera is mounted in between the spray pump and water tank to obtain the good
view which will be visible in our laptop or smart phone through its receiver and transmitter.
The robot will be used at places where it is dangerous for
humans to enter.
Capability of sensing accurately with increased flexibility.
Reduce human risk and effort.
Reliable and economical in comparison with human life.
It reduces the time delay in reaching fire affected area.
It reduce the errors and the limitations that are faced by human
Sensors have long life time and less cost.
Can be used in record maintaining rooms where fire can cause lose of valuable data.
Can be used in Server rooms for immediate action in case of fire.
Can be used in extinguishing fire where probability of explosion is high.
For eg: Hotel kitchens, LPG/CNG gas stores etc.
Every working environment requires a permanent operator's attention for taking action
incase of fire emergencies which can be replaced by this robot.
At power plant control rooms.
At flight control centers.
It can efficiently replace fire extinguishing cylinders with a more safer and advanced option.
These robots cannot function without a operator for its movement.
It only extinguish the fire but cannot help out injured fire victims at the
accident’s location as a fire man can do.
As a life less robot it does not has the capacity to think as a human at
Checking and replacing the batteries before it are completely discharged
before making it unable to perform at emergency situations.
Large amount of water is hard to store on the robot, hence a direct supply of
water is necessary as soon as the action starts.