3. LOCATION-BASED APPS GROWING
IN SMART PHONES AND BEYOND
• A surge in application storefronts
and engagement by users of mobile
• Opportunity for advertisers and
mobile app publishers.
• A 2010 Juniper research suggests
that location-based mobile apps and
services could take in over $12.5
billion by 2014.
4. LOCATION-BASED SERVICES
MARKET READY FOR TAKEOFF
• Technology is affordable and
• Very interesting space for investors
• Advertisers ready to embrace the
• Marketplace and storefronts are
• Current apps have high visibility
• Manually check in to venues
• Broadcast your location to your
friends on the network
• See notes people have left at
• Become the “mayor” if you checked
in to a venue the most times
31. GOOGLE LATITUDE
• Tracks your exact position in the
• Shows your location and your
friends’ locations on a map.
• Once you allow a connection,
your friend can always see your
• No manual checkins or venues.
• Request a friend to tell you
where they are.
• You can choose to reply with
your location or not.