Diese Präsentation wurde erfolgreich gemeldet.
Die SlideShare-Präsentation wird heruntergeladen. ×

Telephone Etiquette Presentation

Anzeige
Anzeige
Anzeige
Anzeige
Anzeige
Anzeige
Anzeige
Anzeige
Anzeige
Anzeige
Anzeige
Anzeige
Nächste SlideShare
Telephonic skills
Telephonic skills
Wird geladen in …3
×

Hier ansehen

1 von 10 Anzeige

Telephone Etiquette Presentation

Herunterladen, um offline zu lesen

Best Practices of Telephone Etiquette for any small or medium business - understanding your customers and being available, responsive and reliable are keys to ensuring quality customer service. This presentation can be implemented with your team 10-15 minutes as some great strategies that can be implemented immediately. Telephone etiquette - what to do and what not do is very important in a business and can make or break you!

Best Practices of Telephone Etiquette for any small or medium business - understanding your customers and being available, responsive and reliable are keys to ensuring quality customer service. This presentation can be implemented with your team 10-15 minutes as some great strategies that can be implemented immediately. Telephone etiquette - what to do and what not do is very important in a business and can make or break you!

Anzeige
Anzeige

Weitere Verwandte Inhalte

Diashows für Sie (19)

Ähnlich wie Telephone Etiquette Presentation (20)

Anzeige

Telephone Etiquette Presentation

  1. 1. BEST PRACTICES OF TELEPHONE ETIQUETTE
  2. 2. TELEPHONE ETIQUETTE BASICS ➤ Answer the telephone by 2nd or 3rd ring ➤ Provide a warm greeting ➤ Identify the company name, your department and your name ➤ Ask the customer how you may be of assistance ➤ Speak clearly and with genuine care and concern ➤ Ask questions and listen attentively [free of any inhibiting thoughts] ➤ Use the customer’s name ➤ Ensure that you have all resources required to answer their questions ➤ Always try to maintain a pleasant countenance and a smile when speaking on the telephone
  3. 3. LISTENING IS A SKILL We listen to 25% of what we hear Most times we tune out the other 75% Make mental notes and be aware of what the customer is saying Listen for - CONTENT, INTENT and EMOTION Feel free to ask the customer if you make a few notes…..
  4. 4. TRANSFERRING A CALL ➤ Explain why the call has to be transferred - reasons may include - wrong department, wrong number, call has questions only one department can answer ➤ Ask the customer for their permission for you to transfer the call ➤ Wait for an answer - do not blindly transfer the call as soon as your hear the other telephone ring. Wait for the other person to answer and explain to them the reason for the transferred call ➤ Make an Introduction - advise the customer of the name and person that you will be transferring them to and also provide them with the person’s straight line or extension just in case they get disconnected ➤ Complete the transfer
  5. 5. CALL HANDLING Some customers are unable to state their questions clearly and briefly If the caller is rambling, chances are you probably cannot identify what the point is…. Try these suggestions: ➤ What can I do to help you? ➤ As I understand it, Ms. Grant, what you need from me is your statement, is that correct? ➤ How can we help you resolve this matter?
  6. 6. ENDING A CALL ➤ Make sure the business part of the conversation has been completed and then ask the customer if there is anything else that you can do to assist…. ➤ Always be professional at the end of the call - this shows courtesy and respect for the customer ➤ If all the questions have been answered and the caller is conversing on a social matter such as their marriage or grandchildren - simply say “I’m glad to hear about your grandchildren, however, I must attend to another call and give them as much of my attention as I gave you” | “I appreciate the additional information, but I must attend to an urgent matter” | “Your business is very important to us and I need to enter your order into the system. Is there anything else you need?”
  7. 7. ENDING A CALL ➤ Offer alternatives - always suggest additional solutions that may be suitable for the customer ➤ If there is further follow up to be completed after the call has ended - always provide the customer with information as to how you can be reached such email, straight line, mobile number ➤ Always wish the caller a great rest of day and thank them for choosing your business as you know they have a choice ➤ Always end on a positive note
  8. 8. “Your attitude plays a major role when conversing with customers over the telephone so make each second count.
  9. 9. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7EPO8gjCiI ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
  10. 10. Prepared and Presented By: Yanique Grant [Managing Director - Professional Training and Occupational Services | President of Jamaica Customer Service Association]

×