SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
8 Psychological Triggers To Turn A Looker Into A Buyer revised
8 Psychological Triggers to Turnan Online “Looker” into a Buyer
1. Engagement Offline, people pick up/touch/examine a product they are thinking of buying to evaluate it. They create a personal connection to the product. This is not an automatic element in online sales. Disconnection is a major obstacle in the online sales process. To engage a prospective customer online, explore ways to link your product to an existing experience for the user. Create a virtual, or psychological, connection to your product.4/12/2011 2 WebsiteBiz
2. Greed Greed is a powerful motivator. Online commerce is driven largely by price of goods or services vs. perceived value. People want to believe they are getting the best deal (i.e. more for less). Your “sales pitch” needs to convince them of this. FOR EXAMPLE: eBay’s “Microsoft cashback” promotion RESULTS: “Bing cashback audience” spends 26% more money online than the average user.4/12/2011 3 WebsiteBiz
3. Timing People want to be the first to know – whether it’s about an upcoming event, a new product/service, or current sales offerings. Online sales promotions should be well timed and targeted for a specific event and/or audience. Online ad messaging should be contemporary in both content and tone. If the offer is exclusive, make sure this is communicated. EXAMPLE: Many retailers offer “sneak peaks” for repeat or VIP customers, or limited time offerings for those first to respond.4/12/2011 4 WebsiteBiz
4. Demonstrate Authority Prospective customers are more likely to buy from you if they believe you know what you’re talking about. This is especially important for online sales, because a certain distrust naturally exists in this sales medium. There’s nothing tangible online, only information and your presence. Establish authority online through quality, not quantity. Factors to consider: – Quality of your website & other online promotions – Where you choose to advertise – Messages carefully crafted to engage your target audience4/12/2011 5 WebsiteBiz
5. Association Associate your product with something your prospective customer already knows about or uses. With this approach, you are not asking people to modify their behavior. You are approaching them in a familiar way. FACTS*: 62% of consumers said they would rather be contextually targeted (subject of interest) than geographically targeted.18% said they were most apt to respond to behavioral targeting (based on past behavior on given site). *Synovate for Vendare4/12/2011 6 WebsiteBiz
6. Feeling Part of Something Bigger People like to belong, to be a part of something bigger. Address this need by developing online content that’s inclusive. – Feature personalized call to actions. Use possessive pronouns to create a sense of ownership. – Use images of real people. This allows prospective customers to visualize themselves using your product or experiencing your services. - Create opportunities for people to participate, provide feedback and interact with other customers (testimonials, social media channels). - Communicate demand for your product/service. EXAMPLE: LivingSocial.com Shows how many others purchased the deal offered each day.4/12/2011 7 WebsiteBiz
7. Demonstrate Satisfaction People are more likely to make a purchase if they are guaranteed satisfaction, i.e. they know they can’t make a mistake. Offer a money back guarantee. You aren’t giving them anything that isn’t already entitled to them by law. When you back your product, you’re also demonstrating authority.4/12/2011 8 WebsiteBiz
8. Urgency Most people will take their time making online purchases, often waiting for the best deal. Provide incentive to close the sale. Communicate why a prospective customer should buy now and not later. – Limited time offers. – Promote current pricing and what they will save. – Advertize the number of items remaining in stock. BONUS: More transparent = less unqualified traffic EXAMPLE: Giltgroupe.com Promotes length of time remaining for promotions, down the seconds.4/12/2011 9 WebsiteBiz
Review of the 8 Triggers: 1.Engagement 6.Feeling Part of 2.Greed Something Bigger 3.Timing 7.Demonstrate 4.Demonstrate Satisfaction Authority 8.Urgency 5.Association4/12/2011 10 WebsiteBiz