1. Virginia Chan
SUMMARY Strong background in business analysis and computer technology field. A proven team player
who has superb problem solving and project management skills. Proficient in web page, database
design and Object Oriented programming. Solid skills in SQL Server, UNIX, Sybase and NT.
Respond well in a fast-paced environment and work efficiently under pressure. Work well in a
team environment or as an individual contributor. Excellent interpersonal communication skill is
also one of my merits.
8/2013-9/2015 Business Analyst - Cathay Pacific Airline
• Managed daily operation including file settlement, cost estimation, and AP payments. Responsible for
liaison with third party vendors and business partners (IBM, HSBC, JP Morgan etc) to align business
• Led a team with over 20 people to in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) until signing-off. Defined clear
business objective and system requirements by leading and facilitating meetings.
• Prepared cost estimation, process mapping, functional specification, testing and implementation.
Analyzed collected data for delivery to clients, applying problem-solving skills to project challenges,
and migrating data from previous system to CCS Replica (Air Crew Roster system) before loading into
new UTRS (US Tax Reporting System).
• Provided estimation and analyzed for new port setting-up on GL Module. Organized bimonthly
meetings with FIN Business Units. Prepared regular and ad-hoc minor projects status as well as
financial monthly reports. Tracking on budget funding, business performance and attrition.
• Guided business units to develop and implement workflow procedure and guidelines. Educated users,
stakeholders, and internal customers to empower their respective roles in current workflow process.
• Managed project (<$1.5M) including prioritization, analysis, requirement, sizing, testing and impacting
area. Provided support to key stakeholders and project team members through active participation in
cross functional teams
• Achievement: Improved turnaround time for IRS fulfillment from 4 months to 30 days.
12/2008-8/2013 Manager - Wine U Love
• Responsible for manage customer and vendor relationship to increase sales and improve cost
efficiency. Managed sales personnel and clearly communicate goals and carry out action plans.
• Promoted company products in wine festivals and industry exhibitions. Tracked sales number and
assure delivery schedule in order.
• Marketed new products and demo innovative ideas to keep advantage edge over competitors.
• Accountable for meeting sales quota and timely deliveries
7/2007 -11/2008 Staff Consultant - Oracle Corporation
• Provided liaison to communicate with users and internal division as well as vendors
• Implemented technical software stack and developed business functions
• Managed different systems including Oracle ERP modules such as BOM, Inventory, Order
2. • Debugged product inefficiencies and clearly communicate to the development teams
• Prepared training method and environment for over a thousand trainee and design user manuals
• Communicated effectively with users and internal customers as well as vendor (PCCW)
• Led trainees understanding from existing system to GMIS (HK Government Financial
Management Information System) Changing
3/2006 –3/2007 Project Coordinator - Mezely International (Holdings) Ltd, HK
• Coordinated internal customers with key resources and propose mutual agreeable solutions
• Prepared quotation for marketing Team. QA prototype build and pilot run as well as in production
• Managed material preparation for prototype build, pilot run as well as mass production
• Responsible for arrange pilot run meeting with internal department; checking material status, assign
12/2002 –2/2006 Manager - Billion State Intl Investment Seafood Restaurant, HK
• Actively involved in all business operations; manage day-to-day activities of up to seven
service/support employees. Direct administration, sales, customer service and technical support
• Chief negotiator for all proposals, ensuring best price and service available; presiding over from initial
contract negotiation to final implementation, and on-going operations.
• Marketing, advertising, promotions, public relations and customer support.
• Proven performance record in business development and expansion that resulted in increased productivity and
8/2000-12/2002 SYSTEM ANALYST - KGI, Hong Kong
• Created and implemented test plans and procedures to troubleshoot and fix interoperability issues,
successfully resolved program and application compatibility problems (eIPO --MTR, CK Life Science).
• Managed and directed team activities related to development and presentation of reports and briefings, as
well as review of analytical data and technical documentation.
• Tested and certified software and systems to ensure compliance with adherence to requirements. Collaborated
directly with business units to assess technical impact of business requirements and to reach consensus on
alternative solutions when necessary in an effort to maintain a consistent yet flexible architecture.
• Managed different vendors (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, Motorola etc) and worked closely with end-users and
analyzed current software/hardware requirements, provided technical support and end-user documentation.
• Continued to update knowledgeable of latest technological advancements, as well as develop and integrate
quality control processes, continually meeting corporate objectives and resulting in highest levels of client
12/1999-6/2000 Web Programmer - Xyberworld Company Limited, Hong Kong
• Built up over 10 different kinds of websites such as comic, entertainment, soccer, games etc. Designed over
2000 pages and customized the user interface and color skim
• Led over 10 junior web designers on each individual project in order to meet with deadlines
• Installed and configured the Free e-mail system, Free Hosting system, Free e-card system, Topsites, forum
with CGI and Perl
• Organized the current websites and develop new website (Troubleshooting users errors and solve the user
technology problem on their e-mail or web hosting account)
• Translated and customize the English version to Chinese version on free e-mail program and Forum
3. program. Created screensavers and wallpapers using Flash 4.0 and Web screen and generated the Gallery
page using VB script
• Quality Assurance (QA) on every new websites and updated websites before launching the website
• Registered form using ASP and VB scripts in Ghost Town Website on NT platform, Converted and
customized ASP scripts and VB scripts using on 10 different websites
3/1999 – 5/1999 Web Host Specialist - RCN Communications, Marlborough, MA
• Set up virtual hosting and maintained domain accessibility for customers.
• Created email accounts and configured user profile.
• Supported various functionality including Perl, CGI, and FrontPage98 extensions.
• Provided customer support on UNIX and NT platform. Configured SMTP spooling and troubleshoot errors.
5/1997 - 12/1998 Washington State University, Pullman, WA
BA, Major in Management Information Systems, 3.1/4.0 GPA
1/1996 - 5/1997 Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston, ID
BA Majored in Business Administration, 3.5/4.0 GPA
QUALIFICATIONS/ COMPUTER SKILLS
Script, and COBOL, Cold Fusion, IIS, FrontPage, PERL, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, MS
Project, MS Publisher, Share Point, MS Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Macintosh, DOS 6.x, NT, Sybase,
SQL Server, HP-UX, Dec/OSF, OLD, Solaris, AIX and Mainframe
Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Available upon request