VINAY KUMAR SIRIKONDA
Professional Summary & Skills
• 9+ years of experience in IT industry as a SQL Server Database administration
including Installation configuration, troubleshooting, Database Backup, Performance
Tuning, High availability, Windows and failover clustering (Production, CBO, Stage,
Test and Development environments).
• Extensive experience of supporting multiple Production SQL Servers (2012, 2008 R2,
2005,2000) in 24x7 environment hosted on Windows 2000 server / advanced server
and windows 2003 server platforms.
• Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server installation, configuration, performance tuning,
client/server connectivity, Clustering, query optimization, back-up/recovery,
disaster recovery and trouble shooting.
• Worked on Mirroring and Log shipping for SQL Server High Availability in SQL
Servers (2012, 2008, 2005).
• Good Experience in Troubleshooting Replication in SQL Servers (2008 R2, 2005)
• Good Experience in Troubleshooting of Fail Over Clustering in SQL Servers (2008 R2,
• Backup and recovery scripts and monitoring the backup processes.
• Good experience in Server Tuning and optimization, identifying query performance
bottlenecks by using SQL profiler and trouble shooting performance issues.
• Monitoring the growth of database to ensure smooth running of daily activities.
• Experience on Database migration with different Versions of SQL Server (2005/2008
• Good knowledge in SQL, T-SQL and query optimization
• Extensive experience in writing SQL Programs like Stored Procedure, Function, Trigger and
• Good Experience in SSIS package/DTS creation, deployment and performing ETL Tasks.
• Handled OLTP database and data warehouse databases.
• Maintaining database security through user roles etc.
• Optimizing Index, SQL Queries, and Stored Procedures.
• Independent, self-starter and a Team player.
Operating System Windows 2000/XP/2003/2012 server.
SQL Server Versions SQL Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2005 & 2000
Database Query Tools MS SQL Server Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, SSIS ,DTS
Languages C, C++, T-SQL, SAP-ABAP
• Microsoft certified Technology Specialist in SQL Server
o Exam (70-432) - SQL Server 2008 implementation and Maintenance.
o Exam (70-431) - Implementation and Maintenance in SQL Server 2005.
Client: EZCorp, Austin, USA Aug 2014 – Till Date
Role: SQL Server DBA Team Size: 5
EZCorp is one of leading companies in Money lending (PAWN Stores) in USA.
• Experience in SQL Server installation, configuration, Migration from Data Center to
Data Center, upgrading, maintenance, performance tuning, query optimization,
backup/restore, recovery, migration, monitoring, security planning and trouble-shooting.
• Configure and troubleshooting Transactional Replication between 2008 and 2012
• Carrying out backup and recovery scripts and monitoring the backup processes using SQL
Manual T-SQL scripts.
• Actively involved in Data Center Migration activities right from Scratch which includes
planning the estimates, preparing action plan, Implementation and Support post
• Active participation in setting up Disaster Recovery process by implementing Database
• Active participation in Upgrade activity from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 right
from scratch which involves analyzing Production servers, preparing estimation plan with a
list of individual activities and duration of the activities, preparing Go-Live plans with
minimal downtime on Production environments.
• Implementing Microsoft recommended best practices as per the project state and
availability of the resources in Project for the better performance and visibility to minimize
the risk levels.
• Actively involved in simplifying DB level security on SOX compliance Database servers.
Client: Allianz, Minneapolis, USA Nov 2010 – Till Date
Project: Allianz Life Insurance
Role: SQL Server DBA Team Size: 6
Allianz is a leading provider of retirement solutions, including fixed and variable annuities and life
insurance for individuals.
• Experience in server installation, configuration, upgrading, maintenance, performance
tuning, query optimization, backup/restore, recovery, migration, monitoring, security
planning and trouble-shooting.
• Configure and troubleshooting Mirroring, Log Shipping.
• Carrying out backup and recovery scripts and monitoring the backup processes using
SQL LiteSpeed tool.
• Participated in Yearly DR Failover Process for many applications for Business continuity
process (BCP) and completed them successfully Backup restore and recovery activities
using SQL Script.
• Extensive experience with system storage allocation, on-going capacity analysis and
planning future storage requirements Managing 80 different database servers and most of
them around 2+ TB in size.
• Experience in restoring the database using full, differential, and log backups. Performed
the Point in time Restorations as per the user Requirement Handling Request and incident
• Testing - Migrate Data from Oracle to SQL Server using SSMA (SQL Server Migration
• Expert in using and implementing DMV’s, DDL triggers and On-line indexing. Writing
Stored Procedures and fine tune them as part of Performance
• Working with different third party tools like Lite-Speed for backup, Restore, Log-
Shipping, Idera tool for Scripting Logins and User privileges, Work load Automation
tool for SQL and ETL Job scheduling
• Remedy and Service Now tools for ticket handling and Change Management process
• Microsoft’s SCOM (System Control Operations Manager) tool for monitoring the system
• Technical Document preparation for Future reference
• An excellent team member with an ability to perform individually, good interpersonal
relations, strong communication skills, hardworking and high level of motivation. A quick
learner with an aptitude for taking responsibilities
Environment: SQL Server 2012, 2008R2, 2005 and 2000, DTS, SSIS, SQL Profiler, T-SQL
Client : Ericsson , Sweden
Project : Ericsson
Aug 2008 – Oct 2010
Role: SQL Server DBA Team Size: 12
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and
fixed network operators also 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson
• Member of SOX controls implementation and audit preparation team.
• Assisting Team Lead in customer and application related meetings and roles.
• Active participation in Data center migration Projects.
• Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 R2.
• Applying latest Service Packs and hot fixes on SQL Servers.
• Recovering the databases from backups in disaster.
• Implementing, Configuring and maintaining replication jobs.
• Installing and maintaining failover cluster of 2005/2008 R2.
• Implementing maintenance plans for SQL Servers.
• Attending application management training.
• Building team confidence by conducting knowledge transfer sessions.
• Knowledge on Implementing SQL Server in Virtual environment.
• Upgrade from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.
• Upgrade from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 R2.
• Active participation in Hardening project on SQL Server 2005.
• Good experience on Technical documentation.
• Active participation in Capacity planning during data center movement
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2, 2005 and 2000, DTS, T-SQL, ETL
Client : Millennium Pharmacy Systems, Wexford-PA Sep 2006 – Jul 2008
Role: Associate DBA Team Size: 13
Millennium understands both the strategic challenges as well as the day-to-day challenges faced
by long term healthcare organizations
• Installation and configuration of SQL server software and related products.
• Implementation of SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policy
for various categories of User Support.
• Recovering the databases from backups in disaster.
• Knowledge on Maintaining High Availability of Databases using Mirroring concepts.
• Monitoring SQL Server performance using SQL Profiler to find deadlocks and blocking.
• Maintaining database-consistency using DBCC at regular intervals.
• Extensive knowledge on Database Transactional Replication.
• Knowledge on Configuring and Monitoring Log Shipping.
• Export or Import data from other data sources like flat files using Import/Export of DTS.
• Rebuilding Indexes for better performance.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to easily and effectively interact with Technical,
non-technical, support and business staff at all levels.
Environment: SQL Server 2000 and 2005
Client: Global ERP Solutions –AP, India. Jul 2005 – Sep 2006
Project: Global ERP Solutions
Role: Jr SQL Server DBA Team Size: 8
• Backup client databases and perform database restore and run consistency checks from
SQL Server and application. Performs and monitors daily database operations and set-up
• Monitor the Server and fine tune to obtain optimal performance by advising and assisting
testing and development teams.
• Troubleshooting any SQL related issues in client Servers.
• Monitor the status of Maintenance jobs – schedule to run daily and on weekends (tasks
like rebuilding indexes, defragmenting Databases, Shrink Database, and Database
• Creating users and giving appropriate permissions.
• Master in Computer Applications from Osmania University, Hyderabad, India in 2007.