• Its manufacturing plant, is located some 25 km south of New Delhi in
• It has an installed capacity of 3,50,000 units per annum, with a capability
to produce about half a million vehicles..
• It offers 14 brands and over 150 variants
• Maruti Suzuki India Limited is a publicly listed automaker in India.
It is a leading four-wheeler automobile manufacture in South Asia.
• Suzuki Motor corporation of Japan holds a majority stake in the
• It was the first company in India to mass-produce and sell more than
a million cars.
4. SOME CARS OF MSIL
• Maruti Alto 800
• Maruti Alto
• Maruti Grand Vitara XL-7
• Maruti Gypsy King
• Maruti Sting-Ray
• Maruti Suzuki SX4
• Maruti Swift
• Maruti Swift Desire
• Maruti Zen Estilo
• Maruti Wagon-R
• Maruti Celerio
• Deliver superior values to customers through a balanced
approach to products, performance and price.
• Offer products technology and services that improve
quality of life.
• Expand reach and customer touch points to provide
assurance and comfort to customers.
• Focus on improving quality across the value chain.
• Develop marketing strategies and communications that
connect with customers.
8. 4 P’s of Marketing
The 4 P’s of Marketing are:
There are number of products models Of Maruti in the market.
They define different factors:
• The quality of product.
• The product variety from different categories.
• The size of the car according to current or future market conditions.
• The car features to the customer like, car looking very good
• The price of the Maruti car is between Rs. 2.1 lakh to Rs. 1.5m lakh. Maruti – 800 is
the lowest price car of this company.
• Alto, Omni, Wagonr, are also the low price car of the company, Zen & Esteem are
the mid price car of the company. But Grand Vitara is the high price model of the
• The price of car are decided according to its product Varity, quality, design etc.
• They enjoy a well-distributed and an extensive network of Car-sale
outlets, Exclusive Showrooms, authorised service stations, True-value
• Some details of the extensive network for MSIL are:-
a. Showrooms & Car Sale Outlets – 933 covering 668 cities
b. Authorized service stations – 3053 nationwide service outlets
covering 1395 cities
c. True-Value Outlets – 668 covering 393 cities
• The company has for most of its years of operation targeted the Indian
middle class families as their main consumers.
• Their Promotional strategy has always been to create an emotional
Connect with the audience.
• MSIL has used various media of promotion
• Print Media – The Company has also used Newspaper, Magazines to
promote its products to the consumers.
• TV – There have been a lot of advertisements through this media as most
of the target audience connects to MSIL through its emotional TV
commercials where the company touches everyone irrespective of their
Demographics, Age, Occupations, etc
• There is always an added advantage when you connect to the audience
through audio-visual media as it is supposed to leave an ever-lasting
impact on the consumers.
18. The 5C’s Of Marketing
• The study the 5 Cs of marketing arises is called Situation Analysis
• Situation Analysis is study of current market or industry in which a company wants
to launch a new product.
• In order to launch a new product, a company first needs to study
the market conditions.
• The conditions are about the number of competitors and their market share, the cost
of producing the product, the profit ratio, etc.
• Climate or Context
• Maruti has started a number of plans in purpose of well customer
• They have even changed their interior of showroom allowing customers
to walk minimum in the showroom and there are schedules for customer
service times and delivery of vehicles.
• Customer will find all car related needs met under one roof. Whether it is
easy finance, insurance, fleet management services, exchange.
• It provides a single window solution for all car related needs.
• Goals with Maruti is to modernization of the Indian automobile industry.
• Implementation of strategy 2.0 and its key features.
• Offer products technology and services that improve quality of life.
• Expand reach and customer touch points to provide assurance and
comfort to customers
• Focus on improving quality across the value chain.
• Although most of the major global players are present in the Indian
market; few more are expected to enter due to the welcoming of the new
• So there will be tough competition for Maruti.
• Maruti Suzuki faces healthy competition from its competitors. It has
direct competition from Tata Motors limited Mahindra and Mahindra,
Hyundai Motor Company, Toyota Motor Corporation, Honda Motor
Corporation and others
25. CONTEXT (OR CLIMATE)
• Political Environment
• Economic Environment
• Social Environment
• Technological Environment
• Ecological Environment
• Distribution is an important marketing mix. In earlier days the
consumers used to book for a car and wait for more than a year to
actually buy it.
• Maruti Suzuki developed a unique distribution network.
• Presently the company has a sales network of 802 centers in 555 towns
and cities, and provides service support to customers at 2740 workshops
in over 1335 towns and cities
• The basic objective behind establishing the vast distribution network was
to reach the customers even in remote areas and deliver the products of
• In the year 2008, Maruti had near about 2,500 rural dealer sales
executives, among the total 15,000 dealer sales executives.