1. INDIAN ARMY
A soldier serves the armed forces of a country. The
importance of soldiers in India is very high in
defending and protecting it’s borders. Every country
has its own soldiers for her defence.
2. INDEX• FOUNDATION AND QUALITIES
• IMPORTANCE OF ARMY
• FEATURES OF ARMY
• A SOLDIER’S SACRIFISE IN ARMY
• KASHMIR WAR
• KARGIL WAR
• A SOLDIER’S RESPECT TO HIS COUNTRY
• QUOTES ON SOLDIERS
• FACT TIME
• QUESTION TIME
• A VIDEO
3. Part of: Indian Armed Forces
Headquarters: New Delhi
Founded: August 15, 1947, India
Notable commanders: Kodandera
Madappa Cariappa, Sam Manekshaw
4. IMPORTANCE OF ARMY
• The Indian army consists of soldiers and Para-
commands who are the protectors of our
• The security of our country depends the
soldier and if he will be fully trained then only
our county would be safe.
• The soldiers spend their whole night without
resting. They do their duty 24 hours and 365
5. FEATURES OF ARMY
• Our Indian army is highly equipped with a
number of latest weapons.
• Our Indian army is having a number of
powerful tanks and aircrafts.
• Indian soldiers are considered as the very best
hill climbers in among other countries.
• India has the biggest volunteer army in the
6. A SOLDIER’S SACRIFISE IN ARMY
• We celebrate holi,diwali,baisakhi and many
more festivals with our family but a soldier did
not get time to celebrate a single festival.
• No one cares about the soldiers who give
their life for India’s sake. We should care
about them who are present 24 hours for our
7. KASHMIR WAR
• The war of 1947/1948 - this was fought
against Pakistan over the Kashmir issue. After
independence, all princely states were asked
whether they wanted to join India or Pakistan.
Kashmir was among these princely states.
However before a referendum could take
place, Pakistan tried annexing Kashmir, citing
the Muslim majority as a reason. The king of
Kashmir came to India for help.
8. KARGIL WAR
• The Kargil War, also known as the Kargil
conflict, was an armed conflict between India
and Pakistan that took place between May
and July 1999 in the Kargil district of Kashmir
and elsewhere along the Line of Control.
Pakistanis planned to drop nuclear weapons
on India. Nowadays that conflict is also known
as Operation Vijay.
10. QUOTES ON SOLDIERS
• “Been’ a soldier is not hard. If it was, soldiers
would not be able to do it.”
• “War is the greatest evil Satan has invented to
corrupt our hearts and souls. We should
honour our soldiers, but we should never
• “If death strikes before I prove my blood. I
swear I will kill death”
11. FACT TIME
• Operation Rahat (2013) was one of the biggest
civilian rescue operations ever carried out in the
• The Indian army has a horsed cavalry regiment. It is
among one of the last 3 such regiments in the
• The Indian Army built the highest bridge in the
• The Military Engineering Services (MES) is one
of the biggest construction agencies in India.
12. QUESTION TIME
• When was Kashmir war fought between
Indians and Pakistan?
• Tell one feature of our Indian Army.
• Which the biggest civilian rescue operation in
• Tell one inspiring quote written in PowerPoint
• What is the full form of (MES).