Lesson Plan in Literature for Grade 7 Students
Students must be able to do the following at the end of the activities with at least 85% proficiency:
Match the meaning of the vocabulary words to the story.
Interpret the events of a story using live picture frame story.
Cooperates with group mates.
Point out the conflict and resolution in the story.
Define what an Epic is.
Change the fragments into sentences.
Rearrange the jumbled words into sentences.
II. Subject Matter
The Prowess of Aliguyon Retold by: F. Landa Jocano
Reference: English Communication Arts and Skills (Philippine Oral Lore) pp. 46-54
Materials: Visual Aids, Rubrics
1. Play the “Find the Word” game.
2. Tell the students to draw a paper from the question box.
3. Let the students read the question.
4. Student calls a classmate to answer the question drawn.
5. Let the students locate the word in the story and read the sentence.
1. Did everyone read and understand the story of Aliguyon?
2. Is everybody ready to perform their live picture frame story?
3. What are the criteria in our rubrics?
Sequence of Events
C. Activity 1: Live Picture Frame
1. Students will perform their live picture frame story
2. Teacher will grade each performance and then when all groups are finished, their score and feedbacks
will be announced.
D. Application: Comprehension Response
1. Teacher let students read the questions on the board and lets them answer each one.
2. Introduce what is an epic.
1. Based from the story let the students change the fragments into sentences.
2. Using the story as a reference let the students rearrange the jumbled words into sentences.
1. Read page 54 then answer Exercise 1 on page 55.
Rubrics for Live Picture Frame Story
Criteria 5points 3points 1point
Sequence of Events All the main events Some main events are A few events are
are present and in present and in correct present and the order
correct order. order. is somewhat correct.
Portrayals The events are well Some events are well A few events are
presented. presented. somewhat well
Time limit The performance is The performance The performance was
within 5 minutes. passed 5 minutes. delayed and wasted
Discipline All members were Some members were A few members were
well behaved before, well behaved before, well behaved before,
during and after the during and after the during and after the
performance. performance. performance.