1. Tom Nell, MBA
Houston, Texas 832.316.5892 email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/tomnell/
Global Technical Support Director
More than 20 years’ experience in complex, data-centric help
desk, IT support, and networking environments as the critical
foundation for organizational success.
Expertise with building and managing customer teams that
provide customized technical support solutions that meet
service level agreements and consistently exceed customer
expectations. Technically savvy with exceptional organization
and time management skills.
Strategic Planning & Execution
System Installation & Integration
Call Center Support
BENCHMARKS AND MILESTONES
• Achieved 300% or better improvement within three months in five focused areas: initial response
rate (350%), productivity, customer satisfaction, FAQs, and outstanding unresolved issues by
implementing TLCS&K processes.
• Increased Network speed more than 1,000%, decreased initial call response time 90%, and improved
customer satisfaction 50% after reconfiguring existing routers and upgrading switches.
• Cut duplication of efforts 90% by improving operating efficiencies, product and service quality, and
communications between departments after instituting weekly interdepartmental meetings.
• Boosted employee retention 50% and increased morale by developing, implementing, and
communicating formal semi-annual performance management process.
Professional Experience And Accomplishments
VIDEO INSIGHT, INC.-Houston, Texas 2010–Present
Director, Technical Services Organization | $1.5 million budget | 25 direct reports
Brought onboard to direct the daily activities of three independent companies: Video Insight (VMS
Software), Advidia (IP Cameras), and BridgeVMS (Bundled Solution). Managed full customer experience
lifecycle and assumed management of the Technical Services organization.
Ensured that customer service objectives were met by directing help desk and technical support team.
Significantly improved customer satisfaction by streamlining and optimizing all technical service
activities; implementing SOPs for Best Practices; enhancing problem tracking and resolution; conducting
support volume driver and root cause analyses; and executing proactive escalation management.
• Managed all IT infrastructures, internal IP surveillance cameras, and NVR servers.
• Delivered technical support to more than 25,000 customers including 4,500 universities and schools.
• Slashed deployment times from 7 hours to 5 minutes by introducing drive cloning/PXE environment.
• Increased initial response rate to 90% from 20%, resolving support calls within minutes by creating
and implementing formal training program including over 65 test issues and 4 exams on VMWare.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESULTS
• Relocated Corporate Headquarters; Distribution and RMA Departments; and Technical Support and
CSC Departments (Twice).
• Converted company to VoIP Asterisk Phone System (free PBX); over 60 physical servers to cluster of
VMware ESXi 5.1 and 5.5 hosts (over 240 virtual machines) with 13 Dell R7xx PowerEdge servers;
2. and Developing and QA Testing environment to virtual environment.
Tom Nell, MBA
Page 2 of 2 Houston, Texas 832.316.5892 firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/tomnell
COMPUTER ASSOCIATES (CA)-Islandia, New York 1997–2009
Progressive promotion through a series of increasingly responsible strategic planning and leadership
positions delivering technical support company-wide for software, operating systems, and networks.
Senior Technical Support Manager (2005–2009)
Oversaw the daily activities of multiple customer technical support teams to ensure professional and
courteous technical support. Established and communicated performance goals for managers, team
leads, and engineers. Conducted employee reviews to measure performance vs. established metrics.
• Led team to achieve the most improved Technical Support Team company-wide.
• Improved productivity and eliminated redundancies by implementing new technical support and
training procedures across organization.
• Improved mean time to resolution (MTTR) and escalations by establishing problem solving
environment (PSE) calls to assist frontline managers with complex and unresolved issues.
• Established two global technical support centers to resolve U.S. client software problems.
Enterprise Support Manager (2002–2005)
Managed daily activities of technical support engineering staff including coaching, policy and procedure
adherence, project scheduling/assignment/management, and escalation resolution.
• Attended high-level, cross-functional meetings in various departments from inception through final
release of enterprise products.
• Recruited, trained, and supervised experienced, top-talent personnel.
Support Engineer | Senior Support Engineer | Support Specialist (1997–2002)
• Main point of contact for all multi-platform and SAN-based storage environments.
• Partnered with product specialist to expedite resolution of customer’s Backup Disaster Recovery
• Assisted with network planning and creating lab architecture.
• Reviewed documentation for accuracy before publishing.
Education and Certifications
TOWNSEND SCHOOL OF BUSINESS Master of Business Administration
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering (B.Ch.E.)
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON Bachelor of Arts, Chemistry
Cisco Certified Internetwork Troubleshooting (CCIT)
Novell Certified Netware Engineer (CNE)
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Microsoft Systems | VMWare (ESXi 5.1 & 5.5) | Cisco Networking | Firewalls (Sonic Wall)
Voice over IP Systems (Asterisk Pone System; Free PBX) | Video Surveillance (VideoInsight VMS)
Service Desk Software (CA Service Desk) | backup Technologies (CA BrightStore; CA Arcserve)
PCI Management | Telecommunications and Circuits | DNS/DHCP | Dell R7xx PowerEdge Servers
Workstation Hardware | Disaster Recovery | Technical Writing | VPN | OpenFire | PFSense
Panda | Network IP Cameras