Surname : Zide
Full Name : Pumza Thandile
Identity Number : 8603200860081
Contact Number : 0735357586
Nationality : South African
Race/Sex : Black Female
Drivers License : Code 8/B
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
INSTITUTION : Guarantee Trust
QUALIFICATION : Virtual Office Practical training
YEAR OBTAINED : 2011
COURSES : • Opening 5 sets of accounts & creating General
ledger, on pastel
• Processing Debtors & Creditors on pastel
• Reconciling Bank accounts
• Preparing trial balances
• Processing and submitting VAT returns
• Preparing Salaries and wages Register
• Preparing IRP5, IT3 Tax Certificates and
• Reconciling customer & suppliers account
• Preparing and submitting a VAT Application
• Working according to daily targets
• Preparing Annual VAT reconciliation
• Preparing Fixed Assets Register
• Calculating Depreciation
• Compiling income statement & Balance Sheet
for Audit purposes.
• Compiling Working Papers at year end
• Excel: Data capture – Processing books of
prime entry (12 months) posting to GL
(manually 6 months, linking to extended TB (6
months) Salary schedules etc.
Page 1 of 8
Institution : University of South Africa
Qualification : Bachelor’s in Accounting Science (Fin. Acc.)
Year obtained : 2012 (Current)
Page 2 of 8
Page 3 of 8
ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN A COMPUTER ENVIRONMENT
LEGAL ASPECTS IN ACCOUNTANCY
COMMUNICATION FOR BUSINESS CONTEXT(COMMUNICATION SCIENCE)
INTRODUCTORY FINANCIA L MATHEMATICS
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES, CONCEPTS AND PROCEDURES
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING REPORTING
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT 1 & 2
PRACTICAL ACCOUNTING DATA PROCESSING
AUDITING THEORY AND PRACTICE
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE IN ACCOUNTANCY
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING FOR COMPANIES
SELECTED ACCOUNTING STANDARDS AND SIMPLE GROUP STRUCTURES
SELECTED PERVASIVE SKILLS IN ACCOUNTANCY
PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
PRINCIPLES OD STRATEGY, RISK, FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES
PRINCIPLES OF TAXATION
GENERAL FINANCIAL REPORTING
DISTINCTIVE FINANCIAL REPORTING
SPECIFIC FINANCIAL REPORTING
GROUP FINANCIAL REPORTING
APPLICATION OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING TECHNIQUES
TAXATION OF BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
TAXATION OF INDIVIDUALS
AUDIT PLANNING AND TEST OF CONTROLS
SUBSTANTIVE PROCEDURE AND FINALISING AND AUDIT
Institution : Milpark Business School (Incomplete)
Qualification : Certificate in Financial Planning (NQF level 5)
Year : 2008
Institution : Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Qualification : National Diploma: Internal Auditing
Year : 2007
School : Butterworth High School
Highest grade : Grade 12
Year : 2003
Company : Itec Shared Services
Position : Accounts and Debtors Administrator
Period : Current (April 2015 – to date)
• Take responsibility for all portfolio accounts.
• Contact clients that have defaulted on their monthly payments in accordance with collections
• Adhering to the time perimeters set in terms of the Collections Procedure.
• Ensure customer information is reflected correctly and making necessary adjustments when
• Escalation of Debtors accounts in access of 30 days to Line Manager.
• Work through Age Analysis on a daily basis.
• Prepare Collections Reports for review with Collections Manager on a weekly basis.
• Prepare and Communicate Letters of Demand to client when necessary, once approval from Line
Manager has been received.
• Follow up on unknown entries reflected on bank Statement and ensure that allocations are done
• Daily Reconciliation and preparation for allocation of payment received.
Page 4 of 8
• Attend to requests for Credit Notes from customers and obtaining approval from Line Manager for
these before processing.
• Prepare Journals to be approved by Line Manager and submitted for processing.
• Ensure that all payments received are applied to relevant invoices as per customer Remittance
Company : Reef Tankers
Position : Debtors Clerk
Period : Current (February 2014 – 13 April 2015)
• Keeping record of customer accounts of the company and recovering the company’s debt.
• Routine bookkeeping duties in order to submit a record of all overdue accounts at the end of each
month to the Head of Department.
• Preparation and submission of month end stats.
• Preparation of Gains and Losses reports.
• Entering of Petty Cash on a daily basis.
• Manning Petty Cash (handing out monies to drivers for expenses on trips)
• Ensuring all vehicle licenses, Fire Permits are renewed and paid for as they become due.
• Matching & Reconciling E Tolls
• Ensuring all Receipt entries are entered once received on Pastel.
• Reconciling Petty Cash.
• Month end reconciliation (entering of payments received onto Pastel)
• Preparing and sending out statements to clients.
Company : Reef Tankers
Position : Invoice Clerk
Period : 06 August 2012- 30 January 2014
• Receiving & capturing of paperwork from customers after deliveries are done.
• Invoicing customers(Billing)
• Compiling Gains & Losses Reports for Management.
• Compiling monthly stats reports for Management.
• Entering Petty Cash on Pastel (daily)
• Filing on month end
Page 5 of 8
Company : Absa Insurance and Financial Advisers
Position : Financial Planner
Period : 2years (August 2008 - July 2010)
• Assist an individual assess his/her financial assets, determine his / her financial goals
and consider his / her economic resources to take investment decisions.
• Assist in setting financial goals, gather client financial information, analyze the
information provided and design a financial plan.
• Guide the individual in any major financial decisions he / she has to make and assist
the individual understanding the consequences of each of his/her financial decisions.
• Assist in risk management by assisting in choosing suitable insurance schemes, help
plan for future by providing well-suited investment options.
Company : Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Position : Administration Assistant
Period : 2 months (April2008 - June2008)
Responsibilities : Filing, typing and act as Receptionist when necessary
Company : T. Jele & Associates Accounting Services
Position : Senior Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant
Period : 2years&7months (July 2005 – February 2008)
Page 6 of 8
• Capturing accounting transactions into pastel accounting
- Capturing from source documents which may be invoices or recorded
• Passing journals
• Reconciliations of bank accounts, debtors and creditors
- Reconciling info from bank statements and the relevant source documents
• Compiling of financial statements for review by the Senior Accountant
• Preparation and submission of VAT, Income Tax returns.
Toolset used in past 6 projects Level
Proplanner (Financial Planning tool kit) Advanced
Pastel Partner Version 9 (Accounting package ) Advanced
MS Excel Advanced
MS Word Advanced
MS PowerPoint Advanced
Page 7 of 8
Name : Albert Kulsen
Position : Regional Manager Absa (Line Manager)
Contact details : 082 338 0320
Name : Michelle Ginn
Position : Financial Manager Reef Tankers
Contact details : 082 441 3580
Name : Lannea Botha
Position : Regional Manager (Guarantee Trust)
Contact details : 011 466 3312
Page 8 of 8