1. The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which solely reflect the views of the
authors. The Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained herein
IM 1.2 Occupationsof eco-innovation in partner
3. What is green job?
The green jobs can be defined such professional activities that aims to
be in favour of environmental actions and conflict with the global
Using energy saving methods, resource efficient economy, waste
management and protection of natural capital and promotion of
sustainability are some methods of the green jobs are using.
4. The green jobs’ characteristics
In the International Labour Organization (ILO) description:
• contribute to reducing the consumption of energy and natural resources,
• reduce greenhouse gas emissions,
• limit the amount of waste and pollution,
• contribute to the protection of ecosystems and restore their original state.
5. What is green collar job?
The main focus point of these jobs is sustainable development
in the modernization process.
Green collar jobs can be find commonly in the sectors such as
public transport, renewable energy, construction, tourism and
6. Who is Eco – innovation Business Manager?
An eco – innovative business manager is a business manager who is
• developing eco-innovative and circular, processes, products and services,
• understanding the environmental impacts across the lifecycle of products,
• developing organisational responsibility both customers and all shareholders,
• recognising the sustainable development goals and;
• minimizing negative impacts of the company to the nature.
7. The benefits of green jobs in tourism industry
• To create decent employment opportunities,
• To enhance resource efficiency,
• To build low-carbon sustainable societies,
• To recognise the sustainable development goals and;
• To help minimizing negative impacts of the company to the nature.
8. Why are the green jobs crucial for hospitality
Like other sectors, hospitality industry has some commercial concerns too,
such as increasing costs, big government pressures and competitors’
activities have only encouraged managers to contain sustainability and make
it an integral part of their organizational priority.
Also the visitors are progressively care the sustainability issues and they
expect hotels to adopt responsibility and conduct their business sustainably.
9. The occupational skills for eco-innovation
• Innovation management skills
• Communication and influencing skills
• Logical reasoning skills
• Entrepreneurship skills
• Teamwork skills
• The ability to plan ahead
• The ability to be adaptable to changes
• Knowledge of laws and regulations in eco-innovation
• Marketing Skills
• The ability to be aware of environment and sustainable development
10. Needed occupations for eco-innovation in SMEs
1) Eco-innovative Business Manager
2) Environmental Adviser
3) Energy Manager
4) Sustainability Manager
11. What does Eco- innovative Business Manager do?
An eco – innovative business manager transfers his/her
managerial knowledge on the green issues. In many aspects,
he/she is the bridge between the theory of sustainability and
the practice of sustainable production in the organisation.
12. What does Environmental Adviser do?
Environmental adviser is a consultant who is responsible for
evaluating and estimating the environmental performance of
organisations, for motivating to reach sustainable
development goals and for designing an environmental
strategy and providing continuous monitoring actualized
13. What does Energy Manager do?
Energy manager is a kind of manager who is responsible for
auditing energy usages of organisations, for deciding cost
structure of energy consumption in the organisations and for
investigating energy efficiency of organisations.
14. What does Sustainability Manager do?
A sustainability manager takes responsibility to develop,
implement and monitor of environmental strategies and
procedures in organisations, also he/she helps organisations
to reach and upgrade environmental standards.