1. Tammy LMorgan
6348 Nordix Drive Warrenton, Virginia 20187 352-255-2391
Summary: Ability to handle more than one task at a time. Very good at detailed analysis work.
Ability to getalong with others. Ability to work well with customers. Tremendous memory and ability
to think through problems and come up with solutions.
Van Metre Companies August 2014 – Present Fairfax, Virginia
●Sort all incoming invoices and distribute to the employee responsible for that community. Sort by
new homes construction, Land, and Sales. Pull purchase orders from the system (SharePoint) and
print. Pay invoices by community in new star Enterprise program. Print out reportto make sure the
batch balances and give to Supervisor to approve batches.
●Run an auto-pay report every other week to process for automatic invoices signed off by each
construction manager for that community. Check the budgets weekly and if needed, update the
budgets for each community and lot to match that of the budgets from the purchasing department
and pay.Make sure ifthe budgetchanges foran auto pay that has already beenpaid and was missed
being checked offon by the construction managers to make the necessary adjustments to pay the
difference. Run report to make sure it balances.
●Keep track ofall utilities by community to ensure all are paid for new homes and models by logging
them into the inventory list and if it is a final bill log into the utility list by community and lot. Update
the utility list twice a month to make sure all finals are paid close to the closing of that lot.
●Contact the vendors atthe beginning ofeach month to make sure we do nothave any outstanding
invoices of 30 days or more to keep the vendors current and paid up to date.
●Check and answer all incoming emails. The vendors will send invoices by email and by mail to
make sure they are getting paid in a timely fashion.
●Run a reportto check that all open purchase orders and auto pays have been paid,ifnot, make a
spreadsheet to accrue all open amounts to be paid prior to closing. The only thing left to pay at
closing should be topcoats for the driveways after the closing date.
●We have a check run every week, firsta mini check run which includes utilities and rental invoices
that get paid weekly and then the big run which includes all new home, Land, and Sales invoices.
Match checks every Friday morning and mail outall utility payments by 10 am. Check the hold file to
make sure insurance and lien waivers are up to date, if not hold check until all is current. Mail all
other check Monday morning.
●Create journal entries to correct any and all invoices paid incorrectly.
●Back Charge vendors for work that has been redone by another vendor.
●Work with all customers and answer any and all questions in a timely manner, internal and external.
Accountemps May 2014 – August 2014 Herndon, Virginia
Temporary Services for Accounts Payable.
2. The Villages Inc. July 2005 – April 2014 The Villages, Florida
● Daily preparation oflot and home deposits (we received checks on a daily basis from the
sales/contracts departmentfor lot and home down payments to be processed,and then prepared
journal entries using the correctgeneral ledger accountusing the chart of accounts to postto the
customers’ accounts to letus know how much money has been collected on the home)
● Daily preparation ofdeposits and cancellation journal entries (we received closings checks daily
from the mortgage companies to be deposited,and then prepared journal entries to key into the
computer system to be able to prepare month end reports. We closed approximately 300 homes
● Kepttrack of utilities daily by preparing journal entries using excel and putting the totals into the
checkbook daily. (Reconciling the checkbooks monthly)
● Daily processing ofactivity reportdata (prepared daily setups in the accounting system to keep
track of new customers and new home starts, received change orders on a daily basis to add to the
● Prepared closing calculations for upcoming closings (using MicrosoftExcel programs to keep
track of all closing calculations)
● End of month closing/job costreview (to make sure the number of homes closed matched the
number of homes on the monthly reportprepared from the AS400 program, used pivottables in
excel for monthly closings, WIP reporting)
● Updated flex budgets and setup all new model budgets on a weekly basis.
● Retrieved sales files from storage as needed.
● Prepared monthly reports and sentthem to the construction companies for their monthly
● Processed checks returned from bank (NSF’s, Stop Payments, etc…)
● Worked together as a team to be able to getthe work done on timely manner and helped train
new employees as needed.
● Act as telephone back up for the departmentsecretary when necessary.
● Answer all departmental calls to the bestofmy ability (by communicating with internal
customer’s by phone and e-mail)
● Code all incoming invoices and scanned them into the computer (JD Edwards Program) to be able
to key them into the system using the chart of accounts.
● Processed automatic invoices daily (Invoices received from the construction department)
● Research customer accounts as requested.
● Key in small company invoices and check runs weekly.
● Open, sort, code, scan and key in all other utilities daily (daily incoming mail to be processed)
● Process the check run for all companies weekly and give the information to the Chief Financial
Officer and Controller (I processed approximately 3500 invoices and cut anywhere from 500 to 800
● Clean out file drawer weekly to make room for the new invoices to be filed alphabetically.
● Filed all printout reports in proper binders (also put checks together with proper backup to be
mailed out weekly)
● Process stop payments on checks and voided checks as needed. Then created a log sheet to
keep track of the information in an excel spreadsheet.
● Keyed in journal entries prepared by job cost.
3. ● Transferred funds as needed to the proper company per the Controller.
● Keep spreadsheets updated with account information daily.
● Keptsupplies stocked within our accounts payable department (checks, paper, binders, etc…)
● Performed preventive maintenance on equipment weekly.
● Look up statements as needed and call vendors to get copies of invoices not paid.
Richmond American Homes, Inc January 2003 – June 2005 Manassas, Virginia
● Process manual check 3 times a week (amount ofmanuals depended on how many permits were
needed that day. 5 to 200)
● Prepare automatic invoices twice a month (invoices to be signed offby the Director ofConstruction
and Project Managers)
● Set up spreadsheets for inventory control by subdivision (keep track of trailers, portable toilets,
water coolers and trash invoices for sales and construction)
● Prepare approved invoices for paymentusing the chartof accounts by vendor (some vendors had
two invoices while other vendors had two-hundred invoices)
● Research customer’s accounts as needed to make sure they have been paid.
● Keep track of vendor’s insurance requirements and make folders for each to be filed also keep in
a spreadsheetfor quick reference to check when distributing checks. (If the vendor did not have
proper insurance requirements they did not receive their check until we received the correct
paperwork from the insurance company)
● Set-up files for vendor invoices and also file automatic invoices and exception reports.
● Pay all incoming utilities once a week.
● Print outlienwaivers quarterly to send outwith the checks to vendors (update spreadsheetto keep
track of them coming back in) (if the lien waiver is not signed, customer will not receive check until
● Keep track of all employee cell phones within our division.
● Call customer’s and other departments as needed.
● Banking Industry (Bank Operations Centers) 1987 – 2001
● Hotel Industry (Front Desk Clerk and Night Auditor) 2000 – 2002 Part-time
● Gar-Field High School (1982-1986)
● Richard Milburn High School (Graduated 1986)
● Northern Virginia Community College 1986 – 1988 (Accounting/Finance Courses)
● Strayer College 2005 (Accounting/Business Courses)
PC Based Equipment
JD Edwards Program
New star Enterprises
References: Furnished upon request