Ideas to help you design a sequence of vegetable crops which maximizes the chance to grow good cover crops as well as reduce pest and disease likelihood. Discusses formal rotations as well as ad hoc systems for shoehorning minor crops into available spaces. The workshop discusses cover crops suitable at various times of year, particularly winter cover crops between vegetable crops in successive years. Includes examples of undersowing of cover crops in vegetable crops and of no-till options.
• Rotation planning for permanent raised beds
• 7 step rotation planning for row crops, steps 1-4
• A useful format for rotation plans
• A walk around our crop rotation
• Steps 5-7 of rotation planning
• Pros and cons of tight rotation planning
• Resources and contact info