SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
Scribd wird den Betrieb von SlideShare ab 1. Dezember 2020 übernehmen.Ab diesem Zeitpunkt liegt die Verwaltung Ihres SlideShare-Kontos sowie jeglicher Ihrer Inhalte auf SlideShare bei Scribd. Von diesem Datum an gelten die allgemeinen Nutzungsbedingungen und die Datenschutzrichtlinie von Scribd. Wenn Sie dies nicht wünschen, schließen Sie bitte Ihr SlideShare-Konto. Mehr erfahren
How to motivate
Shiba anjum mam
• Self-motivation is a guiding force that is very important in
• All of us have certain goals and targets in life. Youpursue these
goals and work towards achieving the targets
• If we do not have sufficient goals in life we may be living our life
without any proper sense of direction or aim.
• This will eventually lead us to nowhere and we may leave this
world without achieving anything concrete in life.
WHY DO WE NEED SELF- MOTIVATION?
There are many things that self-motivation can do for you:
• Self-motivation encourages you to plan goalsand the strategies to achieve
• Self-motivation adds excitement and enthusiasm into your life. Youadd zest to
your life and your activities become much more interesting
• Self-motivation increases and supports your willpower which cushions you
when you face obstacles or setbacks. Youmove along boldly against the
challenges and adversities in your life.
• Self-motivation prepares and encourages to accept new opportunities, try new
techniques and seek new adventures
A Formula for Motivation
V x E = M
• V = Values (how important something is to us)
• E = Expectation (how confident we are about
• M = Motivation (how motivated we are when you
multiple V and E)
Example of V x E = M
• Joe’s goal is to earn an “A”
in his English class
• Joe want’s to become a
published author, so his
goal has high value, a 10
• Joe always has done well
in writing course, so his
expectation of success is
• Joe’s formula:
V x E = M
10 x 10 = 100
• Clearly, his motivation is
• Dive Deeper: What if it
was a science class?
Science is not Joe’s
How to Set a Goal Using DAPPS
• To be truly motivating, a goal needs 5 qualities
• “DAPPS” is an acronym:
• Motivating goals have specific deadlines
• Short term goals are a few months or less
• Long term goals are usually more than a year
• As your deadline approaches, your motivation
• If you don’t meet your deadline, you have
opportunity to review and create a new plan
• Without a deadline, you could stretch your
pursuit of a goal and may not reach it
• Motivating goals are challenging but realistic
– Getting ready for a marathon:
• Practice one week before by running around the block
• Practice one year before with someone who has done it
• Set your limit… not too high and not too low
• Ask yourself: “Is achieving this goal at least 50%
believable to me?” Or “Can this be done?”
• Motivating goals are your
goals, not someone else’s
• Ask yourself if this goal
contribute to your personal
• Motivating goals focus your energy on what you
do want rather than on what you don’t want
• Translate negative goals into positive goals
– Negative: I’m not going to fail this class
– Positive: I’m going to earn at least a B in this class
– Negative: I will stop being late to classes
– Positive: I will arrive early to every class
– Negative: I will stop eating junk food
– Positive: I will start eating healthy food
• Motivating goals state outcomes in specific,
– Good: My goal is to do better this semester
– Better: I goal is to achieve a 8.5 GPA by Dec. 12, 20XX
– Good: My goal is to play harder on the basketball
– Better: My goal is to achieve at least 80% field goal by
Oct. 15, 20XX
Dated: specific deadlines for goals
Achievable: realistic goals
Personal: goals are your goals, not someone
Positive: focus your energy on what you do
want rather than what you don’t want
Specific: goals state outcomes in specific,
• A major mistake made by most people is that they set their goals
only in “mind”. And anything out of mind turns out to be out of
• Hence, make a note of all the goals that you intend to achieve,
before you sleep in a notepad and place it right in front of you.
• Every morning when you wake up, a look at the notepad would
remind you of the targets. Moreover, make realistic goals that can
• Unset goal in life is like starting a business without having a capital
• Another problem with most people is that they get influenced by
other people easily.
• Often, people try to divert you from your goal, thereby creating
bad feelings that are worthless and rubbish.
• As the popular saying goes, “Don’t get mad, get even”. Hence, take
those bad feelings as a challenge and make efforts to minimize
• Whenever you feel someone is trying to pull you back, work twice
hard and prove them wrong.
Do Not Procrastinate
• Once you have set goals for yourself, do not make excuses to delay
them, else you will never be able to achieve them.
• Never let procrastination come in your way of accomplishing the
• The best way of keeping it at bay is to start working on the goals
• Break down the goals into small bits to make them easily
• In case you are finding it hard to stay focused on your goals, the
best way is to stay optimistic and positive towards reaching the
• Confidence and optimism serve as your best friends in your tough
and rough times.
• Spend adequate time with family and friends who themselves
are positive and motivated.
• People who are discouraging and pessimistic should be
kept at distance.
• The best and perfect way to keep motivating yourself is by
rewarding yourself on completing a particular task.
• Conquering small battles is the best motivation secret for moving
on to the next goal.
• Through rewarding and congratulating yourself, you are increasing
your self-esteem. Hence, self motivation gets easier and
Some motivating quotes…..
“When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are
not in your favour.”
“the only way to do great work is to love what you do..”
“the world will not remember what you say ,but it will certainly
not forget what you have done”.
“I knew that if failed I wouldn’t regret that but,
I knew one thing I might regret is not trying .”