STEPHANIE DAWN CROMARTIE
Houston, Texas 77065 | 346.314.9274 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Detail-oriented Senior Financial Analyst with hands-on experience in quantitative/statistical analysis, budgeting,
accounting, and forecasting. Deliver robust modeling and reporting to facilitate executive-level decision-making.
Strong analytical skills; support operations through analysis of key performance indicators and trends. Consensus-driven
communicator; liaise across various business units and promote organizational success. Partner with business units and a
manager of development teams, skilled at aligning business activities with established objectives. Motivating leader who
develops, mentors, and empowers employees to excel. Core skills include:
Commercial Project Management | Business Process Mapping | Business Process Improvement | Root Cause analysis
Budget Forecasting, Development, and Management | Financial Management | Performance Measurements (KPIs)
Financial Forecasting | Risk Management | Financial Reporting | Internal Audits | Financial Due Diligence
SIEMENS AG 3/2008–7/2016
Financial Analyst III, Siemens Energy, Inc., Power Generation and Compressors Services Business Unit (7/2015–7/2016)
One of the initial Siemens employees brought onboard following the acquisition of the Rolls-Royce aero-derivative gas
turbine and compressor business. Business product lines include Long Term Projects (LTP), Modification and Upgrade
Projects, Repair and Overhaul, Field Service, and Parts orders. Train onsite with Rolls-Royce staff on existing processes,
company SAP Version (PRW), journal entries, account reconciliations, and month end closing/reporting.
• Worked closely with local and overseas Project Managers to understand the scope of each project, and monitor
turbine delivery schedule, invoicing milestones, and cost plan.
• Instituted and led monthly project review meetings attended by the Project Manager, Operations, and Financial
• Worked in conjunction with Marketing and Operations, and prepared monthly forecast for order intake, revenue and
cost by project.
• Analyzed cost and profitability by project and cost center variances (labor hours actual vs. forecast, and absorption).
• Assisted team with process improvement initiatives including proper documentation and approval for setup of a new
sales order/WBS element upon receipt of a new purchase order, requiring financial approval for all invoices
generated, proper and timely recording of hours in SAP, utilization reporting, ensuring the accuracy of the Results
Analysis key in SAP for projects (example: Percentage of Completion for projects exceeding 2.5M Euro), forcing of
settlements, and job closure.
• Prepared formal workflow documentation for processes such as use of standard SAP transactions, monthly income
statement generation, forecasting, actions needed to prepare for project review meetings, purpose of and how to
create standard journal entries, and various monthly reporting.
Financial Analyst III, Siemens Industry, Inc., Building Technologies Business Unit (3/2008–6/2015)
Supported eight sales offices in four states, conducting moderate to complex financial and operational analysis to support
short-term to long-range strategic plans and $30 million annual operating budgets. Evaluated actual financial
performance compared to forecasted values. Clarified causes for variances to forecast with business owners. Developed a
strategy to meet full year budget values with each Branch Manager/ Operations Manager.
• Prepared yearly budgets and monthly forecasts by office and business unit, analyzed monthly actual to forecast
variances, and oversaw project cost responsibility, cost monitoring and inventory analysis.
• Conducted financial analyses at multiple complexity levels including rate of return, depreciation, working capital,
various A/R metrics, cost analysis, and financial and expense performance comparisons. Ensured conformance to
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) requirements.
• Evaluated data and created financial reports on performance of service agreement, T&M orders, and service projects.
• Completed ad hoc research/reporting, processing, and interpreting more complex, less clearly defined issues.
• Created customized Excel charts to demonstrate financial performance results by business line, job type, and office
location. Corresponded with business owners to assess areas of concern and to generate resolution.
Collaborated with Renewal Coordinators in each branch to drive an accelerated contract renewal process,
resulting in an improved percentage of renewals.
Coordinated with Service Coordinators to accelerate the aged time and material billings within each branch,
which produced a decline in overall WIP costs.
• Captured 20% permanent savings by removing unused features on all employee company mobile phones.
• Troubleshot and resolved complex financial problems including the creations of financial models, development and
testing of multiple scenarios and outcomes and provide feedback to assist in management decisions as directed.
• Participated in monthly internal audit of T&M invoices, quarterly external audits, and yearly Field Sarbanes-Oxley
(SOX) internal testing.
• Organized a team to innovate an Excel workbook to calculate labor billing rates by labor category for each sales
office, with inputs such as employee raw rates, expenses, and branch overhead costs. Produced work papers
explaining the use of new template; coached Operations Managers and Financial Analysts with new file and process.
AMERIGROUP CORPORATION 8/2007–3/2008
Prepare analysis of actual expenses to budget for administrative departments, research expense variances to determine
validity and accuracy of account coding, create and submit journal entries to re-classify expenses to appropriate accounts
and departments. Act as liaison between operating departments and Finance department associates to provide assistance
in departmental variance research and related reports. Provide information regarding incorrect accounting treatment to
Finance management for appropriate corrective action. Assist in the preparation of budget and forecast documents, and
provide accurate and timely information to management as requested. Create reports for management analysis using MS
Excel, PeopleSoft Finance, and Hyperion application.
SCIENCE APPLICATIONS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION (SAIC) 7/2004–5/2007
Supported the Training and Security Branch of the AMTI operation of SAIC as a Project Control Analyst. Provided data and
reporting formats for all types and levels of program reviews, established and maintained cost/ schedule baseline for all
contracts, and maintained the Estimate At Complete document for all programs.
• Collaborated with Contract Administrators, Project Managers, and Technical staff to effectively plan, track, and report
on programs of varying contract size, type, risk level, and complexity.
• Assumed an approval role for procurement activity, monitored project cost and commitments, reviewed and
approved project invoices, initiated and tracked expenses, audited all travel claims, and prepared accrual reports.
• Assisted Program Managers with creating and maintaining In Process Review documents, and ensured that he/she
had an in-depth understanding of the contract's financial status at all times.
• Improved data accuracy and speed of processing employee travel claim documents by overseeing the development
of an electronic, easy to use excel form.
ECPI UNIVERSITY 11/2000–6/2004
Student Account Coordinator | Financial Aid Representative
Sole Veterans Administration Certifying Official for the headquarters campus, submitting all Montgomery GI Bill
enrollment certifications to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
• Developed and analyzed reports to monitor enrollment changes of students receiving education benefits from the
Veterans Administration, monitored delinquencies in scheduled tuition payments, counseled students on financial aid
and student account issues, and processed pre-authorized checking account and credit card payments twice monthly.
• Coordinated with financial aid officers, ensuring full tuition payment on student accounts prior to graduation, funded
by Federal grants, Stafford loans, Tuition Assistance, Montgomery GI Bill funds, scholarships, supplemental education
loans, and cash payments.
• Passed 100% of VA audits by coordinating with the office of the Registrar and the IT department to develop two
queries that could easily execute and efficiently report changes in a VA student’s enrollment.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY Bachelor of Science, Business Administration-Financial Management
2015: Business Process Improvement, 3-day Siemens Learning course (precursor to Six Sigma certification), The complete
course on how to supervise people, Commercial Project Manager training (3-day course, Buffalo Grove, IL).
2014: National Seminars Training: Developing Your Emotional Intelligence, Organization Skills for the Overwhelmed,
Leadership & Management for Women, Member of CFMA (Construction Financial Management Association), Central VA
2012 – 2013: New Horizons computer learning center: MS Excel 2007 Levels 2 and 3, MS Access 2010 Level 1.
2006: AMTI Program Management Training.
Stephanie Cromartie | Page 2
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook | Hyperion/SmartView | SAP | Think Cell
Stephanie Cromartie | Page 2