2. Shivya Nath
• A Storyteller, writer,
solo traveller, vegan
3. Shivya Nath
• Grew up in a protective Indian family in Dehradun - a valley at
the base of the Himalayas
• Spent her childhood wondering what lay beyond the mountains
she could see from her rooftop.
• Upon finishing high school, went to Singapore to study, with big
dreams and a big student loans
• Landed a job with the Singapore Tourism Board, where her
experiments with social media began, and she first began
following the journey of travel bloggers around the world.
• In 2011, she took a 2 month sabbatical from work and went flash-packing across Western
Europe with a friend, and volunteer-travelled in the high Himalayas of India.
• In those two months she experienced and lived more than she ever had before, and decided to
quit her first and only corporate job with a dream of travelling the world on my own terms.
• In 2014, the story of how she quit her job to travel was featured on BBC Travel.
• In 2017, she was featured on the cover of National Geographic Traveller India magazine!
• In 2018, she was awarded silver for best writing in a travel blog at TBC Asia Awards.
• In 2019, her work was featured on The Washington Post, among travellers changing the way we
think of the world.
• In 2020, she won gold for best communicator at the WTM Responsible Tourism Awards India.
• In 2021, she was featured among 15 travel trailblazers by Travel + Leisure India and South
• In 2022, she was named among 30 Global Champions of Environmental Sustainability in
Hospitality and Tourism at the Global Hospitality Awards.