1. Sohail Mirza
(732) 613-1983 | firstname.lastname@example.org
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Summary/Key Accomplishments and Recognitions:
• Implemented continuous improvements in reporting administrative cost data to meet accelerated financial close requirements.
• Increased expense clarity and improved the expense allocation. , saving Overall 1,000 labor hours per year
• Developed and implemented a new retro labor calculation system improving data accuracy, saving 3 days of processing hours
• Implemented continuous improvements in reporting accruals and fringe cost data to meet accelerated financial reporting.
• Developed and implemented a new payroll reports distribution system to meet the corporate controller’s requirements.
• Analyzed/review Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Reports.
Siemens, Corporate Technology, US Princeton, NJ
Financial Analyst (Contract) Sept, 2015 – Present
• Assists in Analyzing Financial results to determine accuracy and completeness of information
• Assists in preparation of various financial reports; compiles and reviews financial plans and budgets
• Perform financial analysis at routine levels including, budgeting and financial and expense performance comparisons.
• Assist with commercial/contract activities, pricing, margin calculations, etc.
• Review monthly closing reports, including Head Count, Travel Expenses and Time Allocations.
• Process monthly journal entries in SAP using Trintech Systems.
ICOB Academy, Old Bridge NJ Key Port, NJ
Senior Accountant (Contract) Sept., 2014 –Aug, 2015
• Developed and implemented a new administrative cost reporting system
• Oversee the accounting functions of the Academy
• Developed/Implemented Quick Books
• Analyze Accounts Payable Invoices and processed Reports
Johnson & Johnson Pharma CO., World Head Quarter New Brunswick, NJ
Senior Financial Analyst (Temp) May 2014- July 2014
• Analyze and Reconcile daily funding reports
• Process Employee changes in SAP system
• Process Escheat (unclaimed Property) on regular basis - SAP
• Improved data source using Bank Pro from Bank of America
• Reviewed remedy tickets and resolved employee payroll issues.
McGraw-Hill Financials Hightstown, NJ
Financial Analyst October 2010 -2014
• Analyzed and Reconciled General Ledger, in addition to processing weekly and monthly payroll reports
• Processed month, and year end close documentation and reviewed monthly/yearly Journal Entries using Oracle Web ADI
• Analyzed and reconciled payroll Taxes for 50 US states, according to department SOPs and work instructions.
• Reviewed/Reconciled Benefits accounts, Garnishments and Escheat(Unclaimed property) account on regular
• Reviewed/Reported financial data to 40 Controllers of the various subsidiary of the company.
• Participates in special projects involving customer master Data relative to institutional contracting.
McGraw-Hill Companies Hightstown, NJ
Assistant Manager of Payroll Accounting August 1999 -2010
• Supervised staff of 5, in processing daily bank transactions, Garnishments and Reconciliation of GL accounts
• Developed variance explanations and reconciliation’s to accounting actual, using Lawson/ORACLE Financial System
• Reconciled company’s Direct Deposit(ACH) and Checking Bank Accounts.(approximately $100 million a month)
• Reviewed/Reconciled Company’s Stock Option account on monthly basis
• Reviewed various Tax reports, worked closely with company’s Tax department
• Actively participated in outsourcing Company’s Tax processing to ADP.
• Assessed adequacy of controls and procedures, and worked closely with Corporate Controllers and subsidiaries of MH.
• Performs all related SOX controls, Act as a liaison and single point of contact for Internal and External Auditors.
• Process monthly/yearly closing journal entries, using Lawson Financial and Oracle Financial Systems.
• Actively participated in transformation of Lawson system to Oracle System
• Work cross-functionally, Controlling, Procurement, Forecasting, Budgeting, Procurement Operations Accounts Payable and
Business owners surrounding, invoice remediation, quantity/price variances, establish best practices surrounding controls.
Quadruple S. Inc.; Franchisees of Dunkin Donuts Levittown, PA
Accountant/ Manager Oct 93 – July 99
2. Managed five retail food stores, processed daily cash flow; Sales Analysis and oversee HR function of the company
Preparation of financial statements, and reporting Sales and Payroll reports/forms to the taxing agencies.
Daily food cost analysis, Inventory Analysis, Accounts Receivable and Payable of the stores.
• Comprehensive knowledge of: Payroll Accounting, Payroll Processing, Workman compensation, Payroll Taxes & SOX compliance.
• Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including MS Excel(V-Look Up/Pivot Tables), MS Word
• Experienced in Lawson Financial System, Oracle Financial systems and SAP
• Expert in Quick Books & Peach Tree.
Monmouth University – MBA- Management/Finance Long Branch, NJ
Middlesex County College - Associate in Accounting
University of Karachi - Bachelors of Science in Accounting Karachi, Pakistan