WHAT IS HYPERLOOP?
• Hyper loop is a proposed system of transport that
would help pods or containers travel at high speeds
through a tube that has been pumped into a near
• The train pods would either float using magnetic
levitation technology or using air caster “skis”.
• Proposed by ELON MUSK american business
magnate, investor and inventor.
• He is currently the CEO of Space X and CEO and
Cheif Product Architect of Tesla Motors.
• It is a high speed train container that promises travel
at twice the speed of a commercial aircraft ,
transporting passengers from Mumbai to Delhi in
India in just 70 minutes and from Los Angeles To
San Francisco in 30 minutes.
5. • A hyperloop would be “an elevated reduced pressure
tube that contains pressurized capsules driven within
the tube by a number of linear electric motors”.
• It is a concept in which the commuters can move
through a tube at a average speed of 598 mph
(962km/hr) and a top speed of 760mph,(1200km/hr).
6. • Hyperloop consists of a low pressure tube with
capsules that are transported at both low and high
speeds throughout the length of the tube
8. 1. CAPSULE
• Sealed capsule carrying 28 passengers .
• Maximum width is 4.43ft and maximum height is
• Capsules are accelerated via magnetic linear
accelerator affixed at various station on the low
pressure tube with rotors contained in each capsule.
9. • For travelling at high speed , the gretest power
requirement is normally to overcome air resistance.
• Hyperloop encloses the capsule in a reduced pressure
• The capsules are seperated within the tube by
approximately 23 miles (37 km) on average during
11. 2. TUBE
• The tube is made of steel.
• The tubes will be welded together in a side by side
configuration to allow the capsule to travel both
12. • Pylons (towers) are placed every 100ft(30m) to
support the tube.
• Solar arrays will cover the top of the tubes in order to
provide power to the system.
• Tubes will be kept at a complete vaccum , allowing
for speed of thousand of miles per hour.
13. • The expected pressure inside the tube will be
maintained around 100pascals (less pressure).
• The low pressure minimizes the drag force on the
capsule while maintaining ease of pumping out the air
from the tube .
14. 3. Route
• There will be station at Los Angeles and San
• Several stations along the way will be possible with
splits in the tube.
• The majority of the route will follow highway and the
tube will be constructed parallel to highways.
17. Hyperloop In INDIA
• Hyperloop India is the first and only team from India,
and one of the two from Asia that has been selected to
build and race their Hyperloop pod on the Spacex
• Andhra Pradesh to get India's first Hyperloop; travel
from Amaravati to Vijayawada in just 6 minutes
18. • The government of Andhra Pradesh has signed a
(MoU) with California-based Hyperloop
Transportation Technologies (HTT) to develop
India's first Hyperloop route in the state.
• HTT announced its first agreement in India for the
new transportation system.
• Project is expected to create over 2,500 jobs.
• The proposed route for the Hyperloop between the
city centers of Vijaywada and Amaravati could
potentially turn a trip of more than one hour into a 6
minute ride. The project will use a Public Private
Partnership (PPP) model with funding primarily from
private investors, HTT said in the post.
19. Advantages of Hyperloop
• The technology offers very fast speed of
transportation which is twice that of aircraft.
• It has very low power consumption.
• It is low cost transportation system on long run.
• It is immune to bad weather conditions.
• It is resistant to earthquakes.
• It is safe mode of transportation system.
20. Disadvantage of Hyperloop
• Very high initial cost of investment.
• Costly and also risky to maintain.
• High risk to life when something wrong happens to
• Limited space in the capsule and hence people can
not move freely.
• High speed of capsule (almost at speed of sound) may
cause dizziness to the passengers travelling due to
vibration and jostling.